Special Education

(Disclaimer: No ownership of Glee)

Moving into Dalton was such a relief. It made everything real for Kurt. He found his room number: 205. It was two doors down from Blaine. Something twisted in his stomach. He wished with everything in him that he could room with Blaine.

He knew for many reasons why that wouldn't work, but it would be less nerve-wracking if he had Blaine's support.

He put his suitcases down and the ground before reaching out to knock on the door.

He had been told that his roommate was very nice and welcoming, but it was still scary. He could be the complete opposite of Kurt, and what if they didn't get along?

Kurt couldn't have anyone that was against gay marriage, but he was pretty sure that that wouldn't be a problem. He wished his dad were here. He offered to come, but Kurt told him no.

He hadn't brought much because he would most likely be wearing a uniform the whole time, so his dad coming would be pointless really.

The door opened and Kurt was met with a tall boy smiling at him. He reminded Kurt of the Pillsbury doughboy. He had chubby cheeks and he was bigger boned than him. He looked sorta like a big teddy bear. "Hi, you must be Kurt Hummel. I was informed by the dean about you."

Kurt went to speak, but the he was wrapped in a hug before he could say anything. "Uh-it's nice to meet you too."

He stood up straight when he was let go. Well he didn't have to worry about a non-friendly roommate. "Oh, I'm sorry! I'm a hugger. I'm Trent Nixon."

"Kurt Hummel," he introduced as he held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Trent."

"Nice to meet you. I'm so pumped for a roommate. I haven't had one all year, so it was a pleasant surprise when the dean came to talk to me." He looked down.

"Oh, let me help you with your bags." Kurt smiled as he followed the boy inside the large room. It was nicely divided in two, one side with items scattered everywhere, and the other side was bare.

Trent placed the suitcase on the bed. "I had to clean up a bit, but I made sure everything was ready for when you got here."

"Thank you, everything looks great." Kurt placed his suitcase down on the floor. "I'm really happy to be here. You know, to be safe."

Trent sat on his bed as Kurt began to open his bags. "I totally understand. I know that the policy here is really great. It's like a big giant relief. I know another guy who transferred here because of it like you did. I think that you'll be really happy here."

"I really hope this is a new start."

"It will." Trent stood quickly and walked over to what Kurt assumed was the closet. "I moved some things around, so you can have half of the closet. I took your two blazers, dress shirts and three pairs of pants and took the liberty to hang them up for it. I also have your schedule. I laid it on your nightstand. Your first official day, which I know that you know, isn't officially tomorrow, so I figured that to help you figure out where everything is, you could just follow me to class. I could help you find your classes and everything."

Kurt couldn't believe it. He was overwhelmed with gratitude. Trent didn't even know him, but he would go out of his way to help him out. "Thank you. That sounds absolutely amazing. I'm really happy that I was paired with you because I have been stressing about this all night."

"Don't you worry about it, Kurt. Starting at a new school can be crazy and terrifying, so I want to help in any way possible."

"It's scary, but I now have you and I know a couple guys here. That is actually how I found out about this place, so I have a couple friends to start out with."