CHAPTER-12 PERSUASIONS WITHOUT CHARM SPEAK

"This is the plan, Malcolm.", Percy said as he explained in detail his idea. It was two days after Percy met with Estelle for the first time in five years. He had spent a lot of time thinking about the dream to himself and trying ways to plan his descent into Tartarus. With no Annabeth around, Malcolm is the best person to devise strategies with. And Percy had to take the risk and reveal himself to Malcolm so that he could trust him in person. And Malcolm's reaction was more pleasant than expected.

"Percy.", he looked around so that no one is overhearing them. "You are taking unnecessary risks. I don't doubt the nightmares. I am very scared of the prospect of Annabeth not coming back alive. But this is too risky for your own good. Many things can go wrong."

"That is my specialty Malcolm. After working for Chaos, taking risks is easy for me. And, the prophecy also says about the darkness and the owl and how the love of the sea and; you basically know the prophecy now.", Percy pointed out.

"I have. But.. I just have one small issue nagging my mind for a very long time.", Malcolm said.

"And that is?"

"The prophecy has clearly implied about Tartarus. But nothing, even remotely, is implied about Ouranos. What happened to that? What will Ouranos play in the war? He is also a freaking primordial! What would his gameplan be?", Malcolm asked and Percy just looked clueless. Of course! He had this gut feeling that he was forgetting something. He forgot to factor in the other primordial who was attacking Olympus. Now, that changes the equation completely.

"Now you say it, I think that the prophecy relating to Ouranos is not my prophecy. Maybe that is the reason the prophecy relating to me does not mention Ouranos at all.

"Then who does it relate to? Who has to face Ouranos the same time you face Tartarus?", Malcolm asked and Percy had no idea. He started to get panicky, but panicking at this situation does not do any good to them. They have to find a way to tackle Ouranos and also defeat Tartarus. It was difficult for seven plus to defeat Gaea. Now, with two primordials, we need more people.

"I don't know.", Percy acknowledged. He was now clueless as to the threat of Ouranos.

"What about Jason and Zoe?", Malcolm asked.

"How?"

"You and Annabeth went to Tartarus; hence it makes sense that you two are involved. But Jason is the son of the sky and Zoe has been in the realm of the sky as a star, so it is possible that they are involved in defeating Ouranos.", Malcolm reasoned.

"It makes sense. Now, for going down under, who should I bring?", Percy asked.

"I thought it was obvious.", Malcolm looked at Percy.

"Nico?"

"Exactly."

"If you want fewer people to be involved in the mess of Tartarus, it is better to involve someone who has already been there. Excluding you and Annabeth, only Nico went there. So, it is only apt for him to accompany you. And he is the son of Hades, so darkness does not scare him.", Malcolm pointed out.

"But neither Bianca nor Will would allow it.", Percy pointed out.

"Nico is adamant, Percy. If he wishes to do something, he will do it.", Malcolm pointed out.

"And this will make a lot more sense.", Malcolm muttered.

"How?"

"Imagine you out of the equation in the war, fighting Tartarus in his realm. Zoe and Jason are in Ouranos's realm fighting him. It leaves I guess Iytrosi to lead the campers. And I know who he is.", Malcolm said.