CHAPTER-15 DEJA VU

Percy and Nico were on their way to the underworld. They had their essentials packed, which were just their weapons and some food. Ambrosia or nectar was useless in Tartarus. They had to rely on the Phlegethon for their supply of ambrosia and nectar.

"Why do we always face everything.", Nico muttered.

"Fates are cruel. But I agreed to take you because you are the only one who has already witnessed everything. And you have your own prophecy to fulfill.", Percy said sternly and Nico just stuck out his tongue.

"Why didn't you reveal yourself Percy?", Nico asked.

"Just wanted the gods to realize how big a mistake they were making by giving harsh sentences.", Percy said.

"Don't lie.", Nico deadpanned and Percy sighed.

"I am just telling a half-truth. I decided not to reveal myself because, if Annabeth really broke up with me then I will not hurt my feelings with any fake hope of a return to old times.", he replied.

"I think it is dumb. Now, to a bigger point. How can we defeat Tartarus in his own realm?!", Nico asked seriously.

"Do you really think I know the answer? I am as clueless as you are.", Percy sighed again. The dream, the prophecy... he didn't know where to start.

"Do you remember your Prophecy?", Percy asked.

"Yeah I do:

TO SAVE THE ENEMY TURNED FRIEND

ONE MUST VENTURE TO THE VERY END

THE CHAOTIC ONE SHALL ACCOMPANY

AND COMPLETE HIS GOALS SIMULTANEOUSLY

THE ANGER OF THE CHAOTIC ONE SHALL COME TO FRAY

THE POISON CURER SHALL LEAD THE WAY

TO PUT THE PIT TO SLEEP, THE FRIEND DEBATES,

WITH THE SEA OWL AND THE THREAT ABATES."

What the heck? Percy thought about the prophecy. The prophecy was intertwined with theirs and Nico received it five years ago. Was it a sign he was missing or did he just ignore it?

"What is the end?", Nico asked and Percy remembered vaguely about the deep bottomless pit at the edge before turning right towards Damasen's hut.

"I think so. I know the Poison Curer. It is Damasen. And I think I remember the way. We have to go along the Phlegethon. I just hope I remember the way.", Percy said as they reached the edge of the underworld.

Percy remembered this spot. The first time he came here, the first time he was introduced to the Greek world, the first quest, the first signs of betrayal, he saved Grover from being sucked into Tartarus. Little did he know that five years later he would have his first journey down there. His first escape had been documented as a legend. A living legend. Now, after another five earth years, he stood in front of the bottomless ledge, hoping that in five years down the line, he would not be forced into going there again. The nightmares were still torturous to him.

"Ready?", Nico asked.

"Déjà vu. Nothing else.", Percy said and held Nico's hand. They just counted from one to three and jumped. Just like that.

Percy didn't know for how long they were falling down to Tartarus. He lost count of time. Nico was deathly still and silent and Percy was worried.

"Nico?", Percy asked in concern.

"Yes! I am fine.", Nico affirmed and Percy heaved a sigh of relief.

"How was it the first time?", Nico asked.