Winter souls

" Hello, Jimin! I need your help"

"You always do, what's the matter this time?"

" Do you happen to know a hacker or someone who knows his way with computers?"

When it's winter, it's hard to have a sunny day, it keeps being gloomy and gray and many people start suffering from what we call winter depression.

That situation was pretty similar to Taehyung's case, no matter how much he prayed for a sunny day, winter never cut him some slack, rain kept pouring not taking once into consideration the fact that he had no umbrella, the continuous exposure got him sick at a certain point and no medicine could be found.

He needed some mercy, the man was suffering and there was no end to be foreseen.

Taehyung started spending most of his free time in the house that you used to share with your husband, he made out of Seokjin's study his room, he went through every single file, the ones inside the safe and the others that were accessibly chilling in the drawers.

Albeit his little knowledge of business, he never backed out from the mission he decided to carry, he was keen to find further leads, he was sure there was more to the story especially when miss Baek gave him the requested list of your visitors.

No one came to visit you ever since you got arrested, but that changed when you went to the hospital. The visits Jungkook kept paying you were almost punctual, he came every beginning of the month, he stayed in your company an abundant half an hour before taking his leave. During the visits, as the videos from the surveillance showed, Jungkook, as expected, was the only one to talk, you were not even interested in his talks yet your demeanor showed some nervousness which succeeded in alerting Taehyung and ultimately, growing on him a need to meet the man.

" There's someone I know, I'll send you his number but- Taehyung, behave, don't put yourself in trouble."

Between the files he succeeded in deciphering there was one that needed a code, he tried several times but the fear of blocking or damaging it and losing access completely made him opt for the help of someone with knowledge.

It was weird, even sensitive documents were easy to access, they were not protected by anything but the password that he knew already for the computer itself, seeing the secrecy that surrounded that file specifically spiked his curiosity.

" If you were in my shoes would you have behaved? Would you ever forgive?"

The love he once had for you turned in the blink of an eye into hatred, it was sad to see his feelings burning and turning into ash, the feeling he cherished inside his heart for years until it became a part of his soul, couldn't outrage the newly installed one, that hate came in a buy one get one free offer, with it, there was reprehension that stood ready to add fuel to the burning fire.