Disguised Emotions

Revenge is a recipe that only a few cooks and chefs master; it must be cooked for a long time on a medium flame, making sure that the mixture has the right consistency, not too dense and not too liquid; the taste should be kept under control, not ...

Revenge is a recipe that only a few cooks and chefs master; it must be cooked for a long time on a medium flame, making sure that the mixture has the right consistency, not too dense and not too liquid; the taste should be kept under control, not too salty - the less blood spilled, the better the result - and not too bland; as with any other typical recipe, the key to success in revenge is the balance of ingredients, and needless to mention that following the steps with exactitude is mandatory for a better outcome.

Taehyung had watched countless DYI videos and read several "How to get revenge in five days," so he knew the steps by heart; he didn't go too fast nor too slow; he calculated the exact timing for his strikes and knew when to lie still; in simple words, he went far away from the shore, and as the saying goes, the world belongs to those who let go.

However, neither Taehyung nor the world belonged to you, for you were addicted to a substance impossible to recover from and rare to come by.

The ritual Yoongi required his men to perform daily made it easy to find the bug Rachel had planted in Taehyung's office when the opportunity presented itself. It was a few days after Taehyung's visit to Jungkook's office when you had been his prisoner - back then, a slight bit of mercy was still detectable in his now rigid heart, a message from a then unknown number was enough to really shake him up and drove him to Jungkook with a gun on his hip; but, as with everything, time came with changes, one of which was the fact that Taehyung found out that Jimin was the one who had sent him to rescue his damsel in distress.

The realization that he'd become Jimin's errand boy blew a lit-up matchstick inside his lungs, but he bit the bullet and kept it inside, just a new discovery, another deception, no biggie.

He couldn't be arsed when everything added up and almost came to a pleasant end, no, not at all; neither Jimin nor Jungkook nor the world deserved his pity anymore, that much was clear.

Yoongi had advised keeping the bug in its place, and Taehyung obliged; it was considered the wisest option from an ecologic point of view to use it instead of tossing it and opting for another. Almost the same recycling method had applied to Rachel.

They kept feeding Rachel's stream with information they considered harmless to share, feeding her professional ego with too much success that drew an insufferable grin on her lips in a loop; every time Yoongi passed by her desk had to drink a tonic to relieve his nausea; it had Taehyung speculating that he had morning sickness, putting his scientific knowledge to shame.

The bug did its best to convey distorted truths to anyone who would listen; facts knew significant changes and twists, even the main actors were replaced by extras who had never signed a contract for such roles or received compensation for them; their names appeared in the final screen regardless.

In Taehyung's office, you took on the role of the mastermind behind the hack on Jungkook's servers; consecutively, the bug transmitted the detailed conversation filled with false accusations Yoongi and Taehyung had, in which they had put the blame on your innocent back, putting a target on it in to which Jungkook could have a free shooting session.