Under Dimmed Lights

Words are sharper than knives; they dig deeper and draw blood

The case is graver when the words are said by someone we care about, cherish, and love, the scar they cause can never be treated, it just cannot heal.

That's how you felt when you rushed your way to reach the elevator, seeking a place to hide and release the tears you kept imprisoning, the feeling was overwhelming, and the itching in that heart of yours couldn't be described.

Nor subdued.

His voice was resounding vividly in your ears that nearly drove you toward a panic attack, you barely managed to calm yourself with the pills you always carried around in your bag ever since you left the hospital, nevertheless, oblivion was far from reach.

" What gives you that much confidence sweet y/n?" He asked as he enclosed the left distance between the two of you, his breaths fanning your neck having the mission of imprinting his words like the art a wood carver would create, " is it Jeon?"

You gulped the lump in your throat while your eyes shut, it was a mixed feeling between ignominy and shame that kept bottling inside your chest, it was disgusting to the point you felt your bile threatening to come out at any second.

As his hands clasped your arm forcing you to turn around to hold his gaze, your heartbeat became louder than the rumbling storm outside, you weren't scared of him, he had no right to show any type of jealousy nor to blame you for a thing, what scared you was the thought of being discarded.

As if you weren't already.

"I don't follow, and I need to go so maybe we can talk later"

" What is there to postpone sugarplum? Or maybe a bit afraid to show your cards, afraid to lose the one waiting in the line?"

If you were to be asked what bothered you more between his raw words and his rough touches on your neck, you would for sure settle for the latter, his touches were nowhere near soft, the hand of his that was placed on your jugular moved to the center of your neck, slowly tightening the hold until your airways started burning.

"Why so quiet sugarplum, it's not good manners to keep me waiting is it now?" He was tempting you, he was playing with your emotions, this became clear when his hand moved swiftly from your neck to your waist and pulled you dangerously close to him, your lips almost brushed, causing a kind of anticipation to arise in you that you would have done better without.

A sly grin on his lips before he let his words sink into your brain alimenting further the disgust you were already feeling, "I thought you were a limited edition that only one person could land a hand on, figures I've been blinded that I confused imitation with original, my bad".

Your fists over his chest pushed him strongly jolting him away, you looked for the old Taehyung you once knew and somehow grew in love with inside his eyes but met some soulless spheres, animated only with hatred and abhorrence.