eighteen

18++ (beware if you are not comfortable with it, skip the sex scene) 😭

-

The calming waves of the beach didn't seem to let Apo go. As much as he wanted to stay here for the night, he didn't have that much of a choice as he needed to send his art painting to a customer who had made a purchase. He wanted to come here only because Ohm wanted him to. Of course it would be no other than to see Nanon.

"Beer?" Ohm gave Apo a canned beer in which Apo politely refused to take. "I'm not staying. I'm heading back in a few."

"Oh, that's a shame. We've prepared a room for you. You know you can just stay for the night." Ohm placed himself on the empty chair beside Apo.

Apo chuckled. "Thank you, man. I'll see to it, alright?"

Ohm opened the beer and sipped them little by little. Allowing the aftertaste to sting his throat while enjoying the dark ocean that was somehow sparkling on its own from the reflection of the moon.

"Nanon seemed to be happy to see you. Thank you for coming, Apo." Ohm said, while thinking about the warm sudden hug he received from Nanon earlier. As if thanking him for bringing Apo here.

Apo nodded shyly. "What happened though? How did you know about us?"

"Nanon told me himself. We fought the day he found out I was meeting you." Ohm said.

He then continued after a sip of his drink. "We didn't see each other a few days after that because I left home. It was the worst day of my life. I never thought I could miss someone so much yet my brain just couldn't stop hating him."

Apo laughed. "Funny, it's impossible to hate Nanon. You will ended up loving him even more."

"I guess it's true."

"I'm sorry if I was the reason you guys almost broke up." Apo apologized, out of courtesy from the context Ohm told him just now.

"No, it's not your fault. If I didn't dig about what happened between you two, I wouldn't be able to be here with Nanon."

Apo nodded. Slightly.

"Actually, there is something else I wanted to tell you, Apo."

Apo focused his attention to Ohm beside him.

When Ohm met Apo's brown eyes, he finally said, "Nanon's dying."

Ohm could really see the betrayal on Apo's face. His eyes were suddenly rimmed red.

"He's got cancer when he was sixteen. But good news is that the cancer isn't eating him up though. He's still got more years ahead of him. Chemotherapy has been helping. At least that's what the doctors told me."

Apo still couldn't take his eyes off Ohm. As if to confirm if it was actually true. That it was actually real and Ohm was lying. That this was all a dream.

"That's why he left, Apo." Ohm finalized.

Apo then bowed down his head. Feeling extremely devastated yet so confused. This was attacking him slowly but surely.

Ohm patted Apo's lap. "I'm really sorry." Tears streaming down Ohm's cheeks. Along with Apo's tears as well.

"Why didn't he tell me? I would love him either way."

Ohm chuckled. "That's what I told him."

Apo exhaled. Trying to regain his consciousness. If he was hurting, Ohm had it worse.

"How are you doing? Are you okay?" asked Apo, looking worried.

"I have to be okay. I love him. I want to stay by his side. I'll take care of him." Ohm said with a bitter smile. While on the inside, he was crushing. Barely even holding himself together, especially now that he's with Nanon everyday. How to forget that face when he's no longer there anymore?