Chapter 16

- Molly -

The melodic beep from her phone made Molly pull her eyes from the screen to see an incoming text from Austin. She unlocked it and smiled as she read.

Austin: Jimmy is going over to Coralee's tonight. Wanna watch a movie?

Molly: Do you mean watch a movie or 'watch' a movie?

She chewed on her bottom lip as she watched the three dots dance on her screen. It was Wednesday. Only three days since the last time they had sex, but it felt like an eternity. Now that she knew what Austin looked like naked and what he felt like as he pushed into her, stretching her. God, she couldn't get enough.

Austin: Why choose? Where are you by the way?"

Molly: Still at work. Had a few things that needed to be done. But I'm on my way home soon. Want me to stop at the shop on the way?

He didn't reply straight away, so Molly figured he must have gone to the kitchen to check. She saved the progress she had done and closed her laptop. It had been a productive but long day and her back ached. The office was quiet as she walked toward the elevators, so it was no surprise she jumped when she heard her name being called from behind. Her hand flew to her heart as she spun around and stared wide-eyed at her boss's assistant Cam.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" He walked closer, clutching a bunch of folders. "I was on my way to see you. Mr. Emmet wanted me to tell you that he wants to see you in his office in thirty minutes."

"Thirty minutes? I already have three hours of overtime today. I can't stay longer. Can I go there now?"

"I don't know. He has another meeting right now. It wasn't in his calendar, so I'm not sure how important it is."

Molly huffed but straightened her back. "Well, as he always says; If it's not in my calendar, it doesn't exist." She walked around Cam and headed back into the office. If he is about to ask me to do even more overtime this week, I'll quit. It's not reasonable to work this much all the time. She thought as she walked down the hallway. She reached for the doorknob but remembered what Cam had said just in time and knocked instead.

Her project manager's baritone voice came through the door. "Come on in Cam."

She slowly opened the door and peeked her head inside just enough to see him at his desk. "Not Cam. I was on my way home when I heard you wanted to see me?"

"Ah, Miss Richards. We have received a request to design a special image, a logo sort of, for an upcoming wedding. It is to be used on the invitations and decorations and whatever else they want. The couple has specifically asked for you as they are fans of your work."

"Oh, yeah sure." Molly frowned. Why hadn't he just done a folder like he always does?

"You are allowed to decline, but that is up to you."

Why would I do that? Why is he acting so strange?

He cleared his throat. "It is a delicate situation, and I don't want to put pressure on you."

A woman cleared her throat. "Maybe it's best If I do this myself."

Molly stiffened. She knew that voice. Opening the door wider, she was met by the blue eyes of Geraldine. Thomas's assistant and now fiancé. All she could do was blink. Her mind stopped working and she wasn't even sure if she was breathing.

"I know this is a bit unusual, but Thomas always said you were the best and I want the best." Geraldine got up from the leather armchair and Molly was pretty sure her heart skipped a beat. A significant bump was showing under the tight black dress she was wearing. Pregnant? She was pregnant?

Geraldine was looking expectantly at her, and Molly knew she was waiting for her to respond. What was she going to say? Pulling out the years of experience she had, dealing with horrible clients, she took a deep breath and smiled. "Thank you for your consideration. I would have to think about it. I will get back to you as soon as possible." Molly turned to her boss and gave him a small nod before turning around and walked briskly to the elevators.

When the Uber dropped her off at Austin and Jimmy's place, she felt dizzy with all the thoughts that ran through her mind. She had almost forgotten all about Thomas and his slutty fiancé. Thanks to Austin. She walked inside and her stomach rumbled as soon as the smell of food reached her nose. Austin was standing in the kitchen, singing along to the music on the radio. The sight made her smile. And it made her sad as well. The realization hit her like a train. The reason why she had forgotten about the wedding, and why she was more shocked than angered by Geraldine's request, was because she had moved on. Her heart now belonged to Austin. This wasn't supposed to happen. She couldn't do this anymore. Austin didn't do relationships. They agreed that it was casual, with no strings whatsoever. Their friendship depends on this being drama-free. She couldn't do this any longer. They had to stop before she got in too deep. Before her heart would be unrecoverable.

"Austin?"

He turned at the sound of her voice and his smile widened. He slid up to her, wrapping his arm under her ass before lifting her up, spinning her around in circles as he belted out the words to 'don't stop believing'. Laughter bubbled up from her chest, and she pushed Thomas and Geraldine out of her mind. When she wrapped her arms around his neck, letting her fingers rake through his hair, Austin stopped spinning and sat her down on the counter, keeping his body between her legs. Her mind clouded as his mouth trailed kisses down her neck. She should tell him to stop. That they couldn't do this anymore. He hooked one finger over the neckline of her top and pulled it down, releasing her breast and sucking her nipple into his mouth, flicking it with his tongue. Oh god, she moaned. She was so screwed. There was no way she would walk away from this with her heart intact. Her stomach growled and Austin froze before slowly straightening, covering her breast with fabric again.

"Hungry?" he smirked.

Molly knew that her face was flushed, her cheeks burning, and her eyes locked on his swollen lips. "Yes. I'm starving."

Groaning, he adjusted himself through his pants. "Let's get some food in you." He leaned down and brushed his lips over hers, sending sparks down her spine, "And then I'll eat you for dessert."

"Oh, god." Molly moaned and reached for him as he tried to back away, grabbing his shirt in a fist and pulling him back, locking her lips over his.

Austin chuckled and squeezed her ass. "Food now, fuck later."

Sighing, Molly nodded as her stomach rumbled again. "Fine."