Chapter 9

4:15 PM

After finishing class, Koga, Kunimi, and I headed out to the Science club room in order to discuss the first year girl's supernatural experience, as we had agreed upon.

As usual, I sat behind the desk in front of the room wherein I usually position myself but noticed that Kunimi and Koga are sitting next to each other in front of me. Although it may have been completely normal to them, it somehow annoyed me at how close they are together.

"First and foremost I would like to ask you a question, Koga."

Without wasting any more time, I immediately strike a conversation, slightly catching her off guard.

"W-What is it, Futaba-senpai?"

"You're in the right mind as of this moment, correct? Do you have any sort of mental issues whatsoever that may cause this bizarre event you are going through?"

"Hey, hey, Futaba. It's a bit insensitive to just directly ask someone's mental state, you know."

Protesting to my questioning, Kunimi suddenly interrupts me before Koga could even respond. Perhaps I was being too straightforward in order to get rid of my annoyance from before, directing all my frustrations to her. Realizing what I have been doing, I felt guilty and subtly apologized to Koga by giving her a quick bow.

"Ah, no! I don't really mind, Futaba-senpai. You guys are the one helping me so you don't have to be too concerned about my feelings, Yuuma."

"If it's fine with you then let's continue, Tomoe."

Bouncing off each other's response, Koga and Kunimi replied, somewhat emphasizing the way they are calling each other by their first name. Deep within my heart, I somewhat regret apologizing to her before.

'A-Are they doing this on purpose to annoy me?'

"To answer you question, Futaba-senpai. No, I don't really have any problems with my head nor am I diagnosed with some sort of mental illness," Koga answered.

"Are you really sure? It may sound rude and condescending but if not, the reason that the day keeps repeating for you is simple. You're crazy."

"Y-Yes. I'm pretty sure I would've known for myself if I was suffering with some kind of disorder."

Once again, she replied only this time with a more reassuring tone.

"I see... Then other than that, there is really only one possibility for your experience, Koga, and that is the Adolescence syndrome."

With my hand on my chin as I reflected on her response, I gave her the only reason I could come up with.

"Eh~ But isn't that just a crazy rumor from the internet, Futaba-senpai? I looked it up for a bit while I was in class and its a bunch of threads talking about creepy and weird things."

"You say that it's just a crazy rumor, yet here you are complaining about not being able to carry on to the next day which— in and of itself— is pretty crazy already. If that's what you think then you are free to leave and enjoy being stuck in July 5th for an eternity."

Koga, and even Kunimi, immediately sealed their mouths shut after hearing my sharp response. Perhaps I'm a bit cold towards her, especially since my annoyance from before still hasn't fully subsided. But I truly mean it when I said that it is not her position to claim that Adolescence syndrome is mere hearsay when she herself is experience something that does not obey the rules of this world.