Chapter 1

June 27, 12:01 Noon

SAKUTA

"Mai-san, I love you. Please go out with me."

She averted her gaze from me and took a big sigh.

"I know that I told you to say that to me everyday but my heart doesn't flutter anymore from hearing it too often."

"Then I guess it's time for me to find another love interest."

I claimed sarcastically, aiming to see some hint of resistance or jealousy from her.

But alas, Mai-san just sat there silently, still avoiding my glare. Sh-She's seriously not gonna go against it?

I jumped up from my seat and burst the window open.

"I LOVE YOU MAI-SAN! PLEASE DATE ME!"

I shouted from the top of my lungs. Many students who were having their lunch averted their attention to me.

"St-stop it! It's embarassing!"

She pulled me back down and made me sit as her face turns beet red.

"Then will you date me?"

Mai-san paused for a while as she was deciding.

"N-"

"Will you?"

In an attempt to pressure her, I barraged her with the same question over and over.

"N-Not yet."

I lowered my head in shame. My sincere feelings were brutally rejected by a beautiful senpai.

"Can I ask why, Mai-san?"

"I... I think I still need time and space to think about it. Besides, even if we start dating now, we won't have too much time to spend with each other because I'll be busy with the upcoming drama I'm starring in. Is that truly fine with you?"

Mai-senpai retorted seriously, as if she had already made up her mind.

"A drama? That means you'll be away to film for a while then!"

"Hm... It really depends but filming will definitely take at least a month or two since the drama will be set out of town. Moreover, the schedule seems hectic so I'm going to film as soon as possible."

I dropped my chopsticks as the words come out of my beloved senpai's tongue.

"A whole month?! Without Mai-senpai? How will I even be able to live?"

"Relax. It's not like I won't come and visit occasionally when my schedule is free. And do you really have the luxury to complain? Should I remind you who convinced me to go back to the industry?"

Mai-san said as she flicked my forehead.

"Yes, ma'am. It was me, you're welcome. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be starring in a new drama~"

I claimed sarcastically to tease her.

"Perhaps I'll stay filming out of town for an extra month or two then. After all I don't want to waste the opportunity my wonderful kohai gave me to go back into acting in dramas."

She fired back, with a much stronger retort than mine.

"Sigh... Since you're leaving town as soon as possible, this means that this will be the last time I'll see you for a month right? Why didn't you tell me sooner, senpai?"

"I did. But you were too busy staring at my body that you didn't hear a word that I said."

Mai-san exclaims as she gestured covering her chest.

"And I regret none of that, thank you very much~"

"Perv."

It was the usual retort she would give me whenever I would say something provocative to tease her, but now I felt a hint of loneliness realizing that this would be our last banter to each other for a while.