Chapter 4

FUTABA

I felt beads of sweat run down my neck as I slept. Did I get another anxiety attack? My mind was still unclear and I couldn't think straight, but I was fully aware someone is taking care of my body as I rest. With the little strength I have, I grabbed his wrist and took a quick glimpse at his figure. He has brown hair and a fairly tall figure. Is it you...

"K-Kunimi..."

Due to the fatigue and tiredness, I once again fell unconscious.

Later, 5:12 PM

The school clinic's ceiling greeted me as I opened my eyes. A towel fell from my forehead as I rose and sat on my bed. Someone must've placed a wet towel to lower my temperature while I slept.

A brown-haired boy was sitting on a chair beside me. He was laying his head on the bed causing me not to see what he looks like, so I held his hair up and saw a familiar face.

...

It was Kunimi.

So he really was the one who took care of me.

'Did he stay with me the whole time?'

'Did Kunimi skipped his afternoon classes just to take care of me?'

I felt my cheeks turn red from blushing as I asked myself such questions.

After checking the time, I tugged his shoulder gently in an attempt to wake him up.

"Uh, huh? Oh, good morning, Futaba."

"It's already past 5 in the afternoon, Kunimi."

"Uh, really? Then we should go home now, right? Should we walk together?"

I nodded with a small smile in my face. We grabbed our bags and wore our shoes to head out of the school.

'Could this perhaps be... an after-school date?!'

Walking home side by side with Kunimi truly made me feel that a romantic mood was in the air, although I'm probably the only one who thinks that since this seems completely normal to him. After a while of walking, we stopped at the station to wait for the train.

'I wish this "date" would last forever.'

'I wish the train never comes and this moment last a bit longer.'

Although sometimes we run out of things to talk about and the situation becomes awkward, I was still enjoying myself. After all, it has been a while since we walked home with just the two of us without a certain rascal.

"Hey, Futaba. Are you feeling fine now? Nothing hurts anymore?"

"Yeah... Thanks to you."

With cheeks as red as cherries, I silently murmured that last part.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

But alas, he still heard it. Yet somehow, he is quite confused by my response.

"Weren't you takin-"

"FUTABA! KUNIMI!"

I was cut off by a loud yelling from a distance. I looked over to find out whose voice the obnoxious screaming belonged to and found Sakuta waving his hand, with his usual dead eyes and hunched back.

'It seems like my wish will not be fulfilled today.'

"Were you two going home without me? How cruel!"