Chapter 2

(Bill pov)

I groan running a hand through my hair annoyed. Will has not stopped talking since I first met him. The dude really needs a shut up button.

"Will." I finally cut him off as we step out of the woods. "Shut the hell up already." Looking up I see a pristine giant white castle sprawled out behind a town. "Big. He must be compensating for something."

I walk through the empty streets of the town, this feeling very weird and off putting. We get to town square and instantly everyone recoils away from me, a short man with white hair watching from where he sits on the balcony of his castle.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that everyone recoils even with my eyepatch on. Everyone in these parts knows that the only reason someone would cover one of their eyes is if they are hiding their demon eye.

"I am looking for Gideon." The short man on the balcony raises his hand. "I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, well I don't talk to garbage who dare litter in my kingdom. Guards, kill it."

I back away slowly as the guards approach me with their weapons pointed right at me, Will cowering behind me.

"Seriously guys? Is all of this drama really neccessary?"

My hand glows blue with power as I smirk slightly, it having been a long time since I actually had some fun with people. I slam my hand on the ground, a blue wave of energy throwing them all back.

More of them try to surround me again but with a wave of my hand I send them crashing into their own horses. The rest run away before I look up at Gideon again.

"Now, I came here simply so you can get those fairy tale losers the fuck off my property."

"Your property?"

"Yeah, that clearing in the woods south of the ogre swamp. You dumped those fairy tale creatures on my literal doorstep."

"That land is technically under the jurisdiction of Dulac so I can do whatever I want with that land. But maybe if you did me a favor, seeing how strong and powerful you are, then I would be more willing to give the deed back to you."

"......what kind of favor?"

"There's a young prince, named Prince Dipper. He's locked in a tower about a day's walk north from here. You fetch him, bring him back safe and sound to me then that clearing is all yours."

I sigh crossing my arms over my chest, not liking this one bit but I don't have much choice either way. "Fine. But as soon as he is back, I am getting my land back. Come on Will."

I storm out of Dulac, Will following me close behind.

"Um, I have a quick question?" Will asks as I swat away a tree branch, him barely ducking under it.

"What is it?"

"You're very powerful, correct?"

"I guess so."

"Then why didn't you just destroy him or something to get your land back?"

"Would you really have wanted me to turn his brain into a running juice?"

"No."

"Even if I can do that, I don't like to do more harm than what is neccessary. There's more to demons than what you think."

"What do you mean?"

"Well.....demons are like.....onions. We're like onions, you know?"

"Um.....not really...."

"Onions have layers, showing more underneath them. Demons are kinda the same way I guess."

"Not many people like onions. But lots of people like cake and cake has plenty of layers."

"I don't care what people like, Will! Fuck, this is going to be the longest road trip ever."

"I know what can help make it go faster."

"Will, don't you dare-"

"Sing a song
Yes, a travel song
When you gotta go somewhere
'Cause the fun is getting there
Yeah, oh what the heck, I must confess
I love a road trip

Sing a song
Hit the trail
Forget the maps, forget the guides
Before you know it, you've made strides with me
And I know all I need, all along
Is a path and a pal, and a song
So I'm singin'
And I'm pallin' with you
See? It makes the time go by faster

Why me?
Why me?

Tell me what was my crime?

As chatty as a parrot
More annoying than a mime

Why me?
Why me?
A simple answer would be fine

Won't someone please send me a sign?

What did I do to deserve this?
Honestly
This ass of mine is asinine
Why me?

Aw man, what could be better than this
Why me? (Sing a song, hit the road)
Why me?
A simple answer would be fine (it's the way to get around)
Won't somebody please send me a sign? (Before you know it, you've gained ground with me)

What did I do to deserve this? (And I know all I need)
Honestly (is a path and a pal, and a song, so I'm singin')

This ass of mine (and I'm pallin')
Is asinine
With you"

He finally stops singing as we climb some volcanic rock and stop in our tracks, a rickety bridge suspended over lava leads to a giant stone tower. Well, this had better be the place. I start to cross the bridge when I hear Will pipe up from behind me.

"Um, Bill? You know the layers thing you were talking about? Vampires don't have layers."

I look back at him realizing that he hasn't moved. "Don't tell me that you're scared of heights."

"I'm not, I am just scared of falling into lava."

"Come on, it'll be fine as long as you don't look down."

"Okay....okay...."

He follows behind me and I get across the bridge without problem but when I look back, I see that he is stuck at the very end, holding onto the rope railing of the bridge in a death grip.

"I-I looked down....."

"Will, you only have three more steps to go before you are on solid ground again. Come on."

He takes a step and the board breaks under him as he falls through the new gap in the bridge with a scream. I manage to grab his hand at the last minute to keep him falling as he holds onto my wrist tightly.

"Don't let me die please please don't let go!"

"I've got you, Will, just hold on!"

I pull him onto solid ground, both of us sitting there panting hard before he surprises me by suddenly and tightly hugging me, leaving me not knowing what exactly to do.