Chapter 4

(Bill pov)

Will helps me back onto my feet as I catch my breathe. Dipper turns to me, practically bouncing with excitement. "You are amazing and wonderful and...a little bit unorthodox if I must admit."

"I do things my own damn way I guess."

"Well either way you are amazing." He hugs me so suddenly that I have to take a step back in surprise. He then hugs Will as well. "Thank you both so much." He lets go of Will and turns to me. "Take off your eye patch."

"No."

"I would like to clearly see the face of my rescuer so we may share our first kiss."

"What?!" I look at Will, him seeming just as confused as me. "That wasn't in the job description."

"Maybe it's a benefit of it or something." Will offers. Dipper just laughs this off.

"No silly. It's meant to be. A hero saves someone from a tower guarded by a dragon, so they share a passionate and romantic true love first kiss. It's in every storybook."

"I don't care, I'm not taking it off."

"Are you hurt?"

"Well no-"

"Then take it off."

"I said no."

"Come on. It can't be that bad."

He reaches towards the eye patch. I tightly grip his wrist before he can touch it, not caring that I was probably hurting him.

"I said no. Nobody fucking touches it over my dead fucking body."

I see his eyes widen in realization, yanking his wrist hard out of my grasp. "You're.....you're a demon...."

"Well, were you expecting prince charming?"

"Actually, yeah I was." He sits on a rock with his head in his hands. "No no this is all wrong. I was supposed to be saved by my true love, not a demon and a freaking vampire."

I sigh at this reaction, it being what I pretty much expected. "I didn't want to save you. Gideon from Dulac did and just sent me."

He looks up at me. "Well why didn't he just do it himself then?"

"I don't know, maybe because he's a lazy shit. You can ask him when we get there."

"No. Tell him that I am just staying here until he decides to rescue me properly."

"I am not a message boy, I am a delivery man."

"You wouldn't fucking dare."

Without wasting a second I sling him over my shouler like a sack of potatoes. I hold down his legs, feeling him hitting my back.

"Put me down right now!"

"Bill, is this really a good idea?" Will asks me.

"If he won't walk then yeah it's a great idea. Come on, we have a long walk ahead of us."

We start walking back towards Dulac with the struggling Dipper over my shoulder.

.........................................

Several hours later, when he has finally stopped hitting me I drop him to the ground. He stands up brushing dirt off himself.

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but how much longer until we get there?"

"If we keep up this pace and walk through most of the night, then we'll be there by early morning."

"Walk through the night? No!" I turn to him, a bit confused by his outburst. I notice him looking over at the sun that was going to set soon and messing with a small compact mirror in his hands. "We have to make camp."