Chapter 10

(Bill pov)

A loud noise from outside wakes me up from what little sleep I had been managing to get. I sit up, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes. I look out the window seeing Will is out there. He is weirldy lining up logs and branches through the middle of my front yard. What the fuck is he doing?

I force myself off the couch and outside. Will doesn't even look up at me.

"Will, just what the fuck do you think that you are doing?"

"Don't you know a wall when you see one? It's what you wanted at least, you made that very clear."

"Well yeah, but a wall is supposed to go around the property. Not through it."

"It is around it. Around your half."

"My half? What the fuck are you talking about?"

He finally looks up at me. "Yes your half. Because I helped save Dipper. I did half the work, I get half the reward, therefore half of this is mine."

"You are being so fucking stupid right now."

"Stop doing that."

"Doing what? What the fuck am I doing?"

"Constantly calling me names and degrading me. You have been doing it since we met and I am fucking sick of it."

"If I am so horrible to you, then why the fuck did you come back?!"

"Because that's what friends do! They forgive each other you selfish asshole! You know, it's a wonder that I ever encouraged Dipper's feelings towards you, seeing how you treat him and me!"

"If you are such besties with him then go back to him! After all your talking behind my back about how I'm such a disgusting and hideous beast!"

"Are you fucking for real? That is what this whole thing is about?! You are the stupidest stupid and most self entitled person ever! None of that was ever about you! It was about-" His eys widen as he quickly puts both his hands over his mouth like he said more than he was supposed to.

"......he didn't say those things about me? At all?" He shakes his head. "Then who the hell were you guys talking about?"

He turns his back to me, arms crossed over his chest. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Will, come on."

"No. You are a huge dick to me. I don't owe you anything."

I sigh before running a hand through my hair. "Will....I'm sorry....you're right, I am a dick and an asshole and anything else you have to say about me. I should have let you or Dipper explain before jumping to conclusions and I just....I am sorry...."

Will turns back to me, smiling slightly. "You're going to really owe Dipper a big apology."

"He's getting married. There is no way that I can reach him in time."

"I know a way."

He whistles sharply. Hearing something above us I look up seeing it's the dragon, the metal chain from its collar lowered down to us.

"Holy shit. Will, just how...."

"It's a long story for another time. Come on."

We both hold onto the chain as the dragon takes off flying over the trees. When in Dulac, she flies low enough that we can let go of the chain and drop down onto the ground. I run over to the chapel, about to go in when Will grabs my arm. "Bill, wait!"

"What is it now?"

"You have to wait until the pope ask if anyone objects."

"Well how am I supposed to know when he says that?"

"Boost me up to that window."

I boost him up so he can see the window. "Well?"

"Wow, it looks like the whole kingdom is here."

"Will! Focus!"

"He said it! He just said it!"

I drop him to the ground before thrusting my hand out, the doors getting knocked clean off their hinges. Everyone looking at me as I step into the chapel.

"I object to this whole.....fuckshow."

I walk down the aisle, everyone revolting at the sight of me without my eyepatch. I look at Dipper, wearing a dress shirt, vest, dress pants and his hat still. Gideon sneers at the sight of me.

"Really demon, isn't it bad enough existing? Now you come around when you aren't wanted?"

"Dipper I really need to talk to you."

"You're too late, Bill." He refuses to look me in the eye. "Now if you'll excuse me."

"You can't marry him. He only wants to marry you so he will be king."

"Oh yeah? And what the fuck do you know about love?"

"I.....well....."

Gideon burst out laughing and so do all the people in the pews. "I can't believe this. The demon is in love with the prince! Enough of this. Guards!"

"Wait!" I look at Dipper, seeing a lot of different emotions on his face. "Let him stay. Hearing what he has to say might be entertaining."

I look down at the ground, thinking of what I wanted to tell him last night. Of what I believed for years how I would never be able to be happy. But he makes me happy. I need him to know this, because this is my one chance to tell him. I look up again as the words finally form.

"It's a big bright beautiful world
with happiness all around.
It's peaches and cream
if a dream comes true" I hold my hand out to Dipper but he just turns away from me.

"It's a big bright beautiful world
with possibilities everywhere.
If true love is blind
maybe you won't mind the view?" He slowly turns to me again. In his eyes I see mistrust, but better yet I see the slightest signs of hope.

"I know I'm not the handsome prince
for whom you waited
I don't have a fancy castle,
and I'm not sophisticated.
A prince and a demon,
I admit, is complicated.
You've never read a book like this,
but fairytales should really be updated.

It's a big bright beautiful world.
I see it now, I'll let it in.
I'll tear down a wall
and clear a spot for two
to be with you."

Reaching into my pocket I take out his pocket mirror, holding it out to him. He slowly reaches out taking the mirror.

"......you held onto it?"

"It was important to you. So it was important to me."

A scream erupts from the crowd, all the fairytale creatures rushing in. All the civilians run out as the guards try to restrain the fairytale creatures. The room is filled with yelling from both sides. I see Dipper glancing at the sun that is beginning to lower through the chapel window.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" He finally yells, everyone stopping the fighting and looking at him. He looks at me again, fidgeting with the mirror in his hands. "Bill, I wanted to tell you something this morning. But I am running out of time so....so I guess you'll just have to see it to believe it."

As the sun sets, dark blue flames cover his whole body. When the flames are gone, my eyes widen looking at him, his right eye being slit like mine and glowing a dark blue.