Question #12

M- Sammy, Amanda wants to know how you came up with you and your mates partnering up with the Beatles.

S- Well, Amanda, I sorta compared the lads with us. I had Paul team up with Storm because I just thought they were a good match. She's playing this nerdy teenage surgeon who's never been in love at all and Paul is what my father described as "the superhero rockstar" and he's been in love a lot and lost the love of his life. I just thought that was a satisfying contradiction. 

I partnered Deric up with John because they were both kinda jokey. Sometimes I'd catch the two of them pranking Paul off the set, so I made them the duo of jokers. A friend of mine called them "The Dynamic Duo" when she read one of my stories. 

Levi and George, I think, are amazing together. They have differences. Like George is kinda wise-cracking and knows what he wants and speaks his mind. Levi is playing this level-headed, kinda observant and intelligent boy. But that's one thing they have in common. They're both the quiet ones. 

And finally, we paired me up with Ringo, but not just because we were the only ones left. Ringo was actually my favorite Beatle growing up (mostly because he was the only one I knew the name of). I did think it would be interesting to have this practical smooth-sailing drummer boy with this really energetic girl who does things he's never seen anyone do. I just knew that was gonna be funny as heck. 

M- I like how you put a lot of thought in your work, Sammy. 

S- Well, I'm just talented, I guess. Any questions, y'all?