Chapter 18: Weddings Pt.1

The next morning all the Shelbys were up bright and early

The next morning all the Shelbys were up bright and early. From Finn to Tommy, Millie had dressed them in their best suits and they seemed ready for anything. Millie was running around cooking for the boys, cleaning the kitchen, and trying to look her best.

It was the first party since Cheltenham and she wanted to have fun today. She quickly put on a tight black, white, and gold dress. The top was lace and the bottom was see though. She quickly added gold to her eyes, red lipstick, heels, and some gold jewelry before grabbing a purse and running down the stairs.

 She quickly added gold to her eyes, red lipstick, heels, and some gold jewelry before grabbing a purse and running down the stairs

As she quickly hugged Polly goodbye before joining the boys who were waiting for her outside. The boys stood out front with a few dozen men, all their jaws dropped when they saw Millie.

Arthur however nodded his head at her before going into the car, the rest of the boys smiled and hugged her before joining Arthur inside the car.

Millie and Tommy sat upfront while Finn sat between Arthur and John. As Tommy began to drive the car, a bunch of the Peaky Blinders jumped into a separate car with a wagon and followed them.

"Why are Finn and Millie coming with today?" John asked.

"The war with the Lees ends today. We need all the hands we could get." Tommy said, winking at Millie as he took her hand.

For the rest of the ride the Shelby brothers joked with one another, Millie threatening John and Arthur to hurt them whenever they squashed Finn. Tommy kept one hand on the wheel and used the other to caress Millie's thigh or hold her hand.

As they neared the Lee territory, Lee men stood everywhere, glaring and staring at all the men. The Shelby boys and Peaky Blinders all glared back, their stares cold.

Tommy pulled over behind a building, all the men who came in the other car following. The boys quickly jumped out the car and helped Millie who took Tommy's hand and jumped off the car.

The men walked over to the Shelbys getting their knives, guns, and other weapons ready. Tommy quickly pulled Arthur and Millie to the side, looking back at the men who were talking amongst themselves before turning to the two.