INTO THE DARKNESS PT. 6

The evil Xena walked out of the tavern. She scanned her surroundings, looking for another fight. Killing the man in the bar had fueled her blood lust. Gabrielle followed behind her.

EVIL XENA
Now I'm ready to really have some fun.

One of the bar patrons ran out of the tavern, wanting to get away from the scene he had witnessed. As he raced outside he banged right into the evil Xena. He fell to the ground. Then he looked up and saw who he had run into. Xena's dark side slowly turned her head and glared down at him.

BAR PATRON
I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me.

The evil Xena turned towards him and Clenched her sword tighter.

EVIL XENA
Weither I hurt you or not depends on how quickly you die.

The bar patron frantically crawled backwards as Xena's evil self slowly walked towards him.

BAR PATRON
No, please.

The dark Xena had a sickening evil smile on her face as she raised her sword preparing for the kill.

GABRIELLE
Xena stop!

Gabrielle quickly drew her sais and put herself between "Xena" and the bar patron. She blocked the evil Xena's strike.

GABRIELLE
What are you doing?!

The evil Xena began pushing back at Gabrielle.

EVIL XENA
Why can't you just stay out of my way?!

During this time the bar patron took the opportunity to try to escape. He scrambled to his feet and began running away. Xena's evil self noticed. While still locked with Gabrielle, she took out her chakrum and threw it at him. Gabrielle couldn't do anything as the chakrum flew through the air and imbedded itself into the man's back. And he collapsed the ground, dead. Gabrielle felt a mix of pain and anger.

GABRIELLE
No!

She pushed "Xena's" sword away and stared her down.

EVIL XENA
Oh look who's finally got some fight in her.

GABRIELLE
I don't know what happened to you, but I'm not gonna let you hurt any more people.

EVIL XENA
(snickering) "You" won't let me. You actually think you're any match for me? Don't make me laugh.

Xena's evil side slowly began circling her. Gabrielle kept her eyes  on her. Really for if " Xena" struck.

GABRIELLE
I don't want to fight you Xena.

EVIL XENA
Then don't.

GABRIELLE
You're not leaving me with much choice.

EVIL XENA
Well if you insist!

The evil Xena swung her sword at Gabrielle. Gabrielle deflected it. Xena's evil self swung again and again. Gabrielle struggled to fend off the attacks. She took a few minor cuts, but kept fighting. Despite wanting to stop her, Gabrielle didn't want to hurt "Xena". So she wasn't giving it her all. Suddenly the evil Xena swept Gabrielle's legs from under her, sending her to the ground. Xena's evil side stood glaring down at Gabrielle, the tip of her sword against the spot on Gabrielle's chest that would allow her to pierce her heart. Gabrielle sat slightly out of breath, staring up at "Xena".

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) I couldn't stop her.

Suddenly for a moment Gabrielle saw the look in "Xena's" eyes change. Along with one solo tear as it ran down her cheek.

GABRIELLE
Xena?

Xena's evil self shook her head, trying to regain focus. Wipping away the tear, she pulled her sword away and sheathed it.

EVIL XENA
Stay away from me. Or next time I will kill you.

With that Xena's dark side left. Leaving Gabrielle more confused than ever. That night as the evil Xena slept, Gabrielle hid among  some nearby trees. She had been tracking "Xena " since she left the town.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) What do I do?  It seems Xena's. gone back to who she used to be. But why? And what was up with that tear? If she really wanted to kill me, she would have. None of this makes sense. But if she has let her past self come back, I know someone will have to stop her.

While Gabrielle was trying to figure out what was happening to the woman she loved, she heard Xena quietly whispering again as she slet. Gabrielle crept closer, trying to hear what she was saying. She was careful not to wake Xena as she got near her. Gabrielle leaned in and listened.

XENA
I have to stop this. I need to find a way out.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) She's just dreaming.

Gabrielle sat beside Xena as she slept. Quietly talking to her.

GABRIELLE
I wish I knew what to do. I don't think I can help you. I can feel you slipping further and further away from me.

Gabrielle felt the tears began to fall as she was faced with the thought of losing Xena to the darkness within her.

XENA
Gabrielle?...

Gabrielle looked at her.

GABRIELLE
Xena?

XENA
Help me Gabrielle...

GABRIELLE
What?

Xena in her subconscious is releaved to know Gabrielle returned and wasn't seriously injured from earlier.

XENA
Gabrielle I need you to listen carefully.

Gabrielle leaned in close to hear her better. Xena told Gabrielle about what had happened back in the cave. How the fountain she found allowed the evil part of her to gain control of her conscious mind. Imprisoning her inside her own subconscious. Gabrielle listened close to the sleeping Xena's explanation.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) That would explain why Xena's been acting so completely different than normal.

Xena finished telling Gabrielle about what happened.

GABRIELLE
If that's true how do we get you back in control?

XENA
I'm assuming the same way my dark side took over. We have to get her back in that fountain.

GABRIELLE
How are we supposed to do that? It's not like she's just gonna willingly go back.

XENA
You're going to have to find a way to lead her there.   

GABRIELLE
But I...

Before they could finish their conversation, the evil Xena began to wake up. She opened her eyes, seeing Gabrielle's face hanging right above hers.

EVIL XENA
(scowling) What in tartarus do you think you're doing?

TO BE CONTINUED...