INTO THE DARKNESS pt.3

Xena was trapped inside the dark void of her own subconscious. She tried with all her might to force her way through the barrier of the mysterious fountain. But unfortunately nothing she did worked. Finally realizing her efforts were in vain, Xena decided to look around. She figured she might find something that could possibly help her escape.

XENA
(thinking to herself) Hopefully Gabrielle will notice somethings not right and stop my dark side before anything happens.

Meanwhile Gabrielle was unknowingly traveling with Xena's evil  side.

GABRIELLE
Xena, is everything okay?

EVIL XENA
Yea, why?

GABRIELLE
You just seem quiet, even for you.

The evil Xena smiled at Gabrielle.

EVIL XENA
I'm fine. Just a little tired is all.

GABRIELLE
Oh, okay. So where are we heading anyway.

EVIL XENA
Well we're pretty much out of food. As you made sure to mention that I forgot last night.

GABRIELLE
(joking tone) Oh now you remember.

They made their way to the nearest village. Once in the village Gabrielle decided to take a upon herself to get some of the food. So while she was off shopping, Xena's dark side walked around looking at the vendors. As she strolled by one of the stalls, she grabbed an apple. Taking a bite out of it, she just kept on walking.

VENDOR
Hey, you gotta pay for that.

EVIL XENA
Nah.

She continued to walk away.

VENDOR
Either pay for it or I'm calling the guards.

The Evil Xena stopped and turned towards him.

EVIL XENA
Alright fine. I'll give it back!

She then chucked the apple at the vendor, nailing him right in the face. This sent him stumbling backwards. Causing him to trip over his cart and come crashing to the ground, scattering his produce everywhere.

VENDOR
You witch, look what you've done!

EVIL XENA
Woops. You shouldn't have made such a big deal over one little applie.

This enraged the vendor and he began yelling at her. Gabrielle, hearing the commotion came to the scene.

GABRIELLE
What's going on, Xena?

EVIL XENA
This man is accusing me of stealing.

Gabrielle looked at the man and the over turned cart.

GABRIELLE
There must be some sort of misunderstanding. Xena wouldn't do such a thing.

VENDOR
There is no misunderstanding. That woman stole from me and then assaulted me when I said I was calling the guards.

The evil Xena snickered.

EVIL XENA
Please if I assaulted you, you'd be in far worse shape.

Gabrielle turned to who she thought was the Xena she knew.

GABRIELLE
Xena what's he talking about?

EVIL XENA
Gabrielle, you don't actually believe him do you? Why would I do this over a piece of fruit?

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) She has a point. This man must just be confused.

Gabrielle knelt down and began picking up the scattered items. The vendor stood up.

VENDOR
Just get out of here.

Gabrielle stood back up and handed him what she picked up.

GABRIELLE
Sorry for the mess.

She then looked at "Xena", hinting at her to apologize.

EVIL XENA
(lying) Oh, sorry.