14-THE GYM

"You said Theos Name last night"
The sentence that Nancy wheeler had said kept playing in Theos head on a cycle 24/7.

However Theo knew he needed to brush it over his head in order to be able to stand within 3 feet of steve,who had no idea that Theo had been there to witness him break up with Nancy let alone what he had heard.
Theos thoughts were everywhere.
God was this going to be difficult considering the fact the group was together every hour in school

The class Theo had been dreading all day finally arrived.
Gym class
Not did Theo only despise gym but Steve also happened to be in his gym class.

"Okay class today we will be doing basketball and before you all start getting excited ive picked the teams"
The sound of groans came from the class suggesting they hated Mr masons idea of him choosing the teams.
But Mr Mason couldn't care less.
"Right listen up for the teams"
The boys were stood spaced out nervously waiting,hoping to be on the same team as their mates.
"So on red team we have Harrington"
cheers came from the class as Steve was not only king of Hawkins but also the captain of the basketball team.
"Settle down boys im not finished.Then we've got Harry,Bobby,Tommy,Nick and Eddie"
"Shit.Shit shit shit"
Theo said to himself louder than he hoped as Scott who was stood next to him asked "What's with the multiple shits dude i know Steve and Eddie are on the same team but at least you've got me"
Theo just turned to look at Scott in complete despair and like always Theo replied to Scott using sarcasm"Yeah thanks for that Scott i hadn't noticed"
"That's alright mate"
"But even if we're together we're still against Steve and Harry the two top players on the team"
"So just cause they're the best doesn't mean they'll beat us"
"Oh my god" Theo said whilst rolling his eyes and huffing.
"Scott open your eyes and look"
"But my eyes are open what do yo-"
"You know what Scotty forget i said anything at all"
"What but yo-"
Theo walked away from Scott knowing there was no way he was going to be able to explain to him as to why they would be getting their asses kicked today.
Scott just shrugged his shoulders in confusion before Mr Mason spoke up again.
"And now for the blue team.Theo,Mark,Leo,Carter,Scott,
George and Jonathan"
Theo and Steve's face both shot up from the floor.
Ah yes Jonathan Byers was also part of the gym class and considering the fact he was the person Nancy had cheated on Steve with Theo knew this wasn't going to end well.You know with them being on rival teams.
Steve's face began to slowly turn into a smile which only meant one thing.
He was going to kick Jonathan's ass without thinking.
Theo had to intervene even if it did mean he would get battered in the process.

"Right everyone ready?"
The class nodded
"Then let's play ball"
The coach blew the whistle and the chaos began.
Harry was the first to the ball passing it to Nick who passed it to Steve and the ball quickly made its way to the other end of the court and into the net without  any problem.It's when the blue team got the ball that the problems started.
Carter was the first to the ball looking around for someone to pass to anyone who looks like they were determined to get the ball in the basket.Unfortunately for Carter that was no one and so he passed to the one man available.

Jonathan Byers.

Fuck.

Steve's smirk appears again as Jonathan stood helpless with the ball in his hand.Theo had only two options:distract Steve away from Jonathan or wait for Steve to charge at Jonathan and get in the way.
Stupidly Theo chose the second option and as Steve began to run straight for Jonathan he yelled.
"Byers pass me the ball and move"
"W- What"
"PASS ME THE BALL AND MOVE"
And so he did just that.
Theo grabbed the ball just as Steve came crashing into him.
Theo fell to the floor with Steve on top of him. Neither of them rushed to get up.Nothing was said between the boys but their eyes and breathing said it all.
They were suddenly awoken from their haze when a sound or rather a yell came from the side of the court.
"HARRINGTON,MILLER GET YOUR ASSES UP AND PLAY THE GAME"
Both of them got up but nor Steve or Theo looked away.

The game carried on without anyone getting beaten to death and the only thing that looked a state was the groups clothing and faces.Sweat dripped from every body in the room and they knew it meant one thing.
The showers.

As he was showering Theo only had one thing on his mind.The interaction between him and Steve during the basketball game.
Why did that one gaze make Theo feel a pit in his stomach Steve shouldn't make him feel like that.Theo had been letting the water run over his head that was facing the floor it was only when he felt he was being watched that he rose his head up.As he lifted his head he realised who he was being watched by.
Steve "the hair" Harrington.
Theo let out a laugh with a smirk on his face.
"Whatcha staring at Harrington"
Theo knew exactly what he was doing.
"N-Nothing Miller i was just thinking"
"Ah okay Steve okay"
Steve's breath trembled as he exited the showers brushing past Theos shoulder on the way.

After drying off and getting changed Theo made his way out to the cafeteria.
"What the hell had just happened"

However Theo wasn't the only one thinking that exact thing,Steve Harrington had also been questioning the events that had happened in that gym class 30 minutes ago.

God things had changed

AUTHORS NOTE :
hiiii guys sorry for the lack of chapters i was on holiday with no wifi or signal and so i couldn't upload any chapters but now im back home they should come out a lot quicker.ALSO THANK YOU FOR 3K READS WTH !!!!