10-PROBLEM

After finishing dinner Theo made his way down to Rachel's after receiving her address at lunch earlier in the day.Theo and Rachel lived fairly close to each other (only 3 blocks apart) and so it didn't take long for Theo to reach Rachel's house.He approached the door making sure he looked presentable before knocking quietly on her door.
Rachel opened the door "You know Theo it's a good job im not deaf because my god do you knock quietly"
"Sorry it's just a habit"
"It's fine come on in.My parents have gone out for the night so it's just us"
Theo wiped his shoes on the mat and made his way inside.

"Do you want anything to eat man ?"
"No I've just eaten Rach but thanks anyway"
"Okay well I'm bringing some candy and drinks up anyway.
Rachel grabbed a couple of cans of soda from the refrigerator and a handful of candy before leading Theo up to her room.

Theo knew he would enjoy being friends with Rachel just by her room.There was multiple posters hanging in frames on her wall and on her cabinet lay a record played with multiple vinyls at the side.
"I'm guessing you like music"
"Theo i don't just like music i love it. Music is my escape from reality the world of music is like no other you i know what i mean "
In some way Theo could relate to what Rachel was saying but most likely not in the same way. For Theo music was a way of dealing with his father when it got to much Theo would lock himself in his room,put on his headphones and just lose himself in the music.
"Ye- yeah i know what you mean"

It was 10pm and Theo and Rachel had been talking for a while and he had managed to avoid the question he'd been waiting for for 5 hours until Rachel finally said it.
"What's the deal with you and Steve ?"
There it was a question that Theo didn't have the answer for and so he replied with the same he did for everyone
"He's just a compete asshole who wants to ruin peoples lives"
Rachel laughed to herself.
"What whats so funny?" Theo asked with a smile on his face
"Nothing just the fact that Steve is obsessed won't shut up about you and how annoying you are whilst you're over here calling him an asshole you're like an old married couple who have finally had enough of eachother"
"Fuck off Rach the project alone is enough i don't wanna know how much shit he talks about me"
"It's just funny for two people who hate one and other you do talk about eachother a lot"
"RACH I SWEAR TO GOD-"
"IM JUST SAYING"

For the rest of the night Theo and Rachel got to know eachother more and found out they were practically the same in every factor.Same taste in music,same style,same grades in school, their family life,they were all the same.
For Theo,Rachel meant more to him than anyone else.

Rachel was his bestfriend.

AUTHORS NOTE:
i know the past few chapters have been short but i want to spread the storyline out more if u get what i mean anyways so this took so long to come out !!