𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

"This is the magic carpet?" Evy skeptically asked as the four of you stepped out the car

"He'll be fine. He's a professional," Rick assured, walking up to the large doors.

"No, he's not! He's an annoying, raving lunatic," you huffed, slamming the car door shut.

Izzy stepped out from inside the workshop and yelped at the sight of you.

Quickly, he scampered back inside and slammed the door in your faces, locking it behind himself.

"He definitely remembers you," Evy smirked.

"He's just a little shy," Rick shrugged off.

"More like a little asshole," you scoffed, shooting the lock and kicking the door open. "Get out here, Izzy!"

Rick sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "You really are not a subtle woman." 

"We don't got time for subtlety," you smirked, heading inside the workshop. 

"Doesn't look happy to see you," Evy stated, looking around the very messy garage, grimacing at a man sitting in a bathtub.

"He hasn't turned us down yet," you shrugged, stepping over at pile of scrap metal.

"Whatever it is, whatever you need, I don't care! Forget it, O'Connells! Everytime I team up with you two, she shoots me!" Izzy exclaimed, popping his head out from behind a worktable and pointing at you. "Last time she shot me in the ass. I'm in mourning for my ass! Remember that bank job in Marrakesh?"

"Bank job?" Evy asked, surprised.

"It's not what it sounds like," Rick assured, nervously.

"It's exactly what it sounds like," you corrected, rolling your eyes.

"Yeah! I'm flying high, hiding in the sun. Egyptian girl over here flags me down, so I fly in low for the pickup. Next thing you know, I get shot!" Izzy explained.

"That's because you took half of the score!" You exclaimed, angrily. "We agreed on a three-way split, and I wasn't going to let you make off with my money."

"Either way! I'm lying in the middle of the road with my spleen hanging out, this one taking my money, and white boy waltzing up with some belly dancer girl," Izzy spat.

Rick waved his arms NO, but it was already too late. 

Evy heard.

"Belly dancer girl? Izzy, I think you and I should talk," she said, perturbed.

"As long as I don't get shot," he sighed.

"You're going to be paid this time," you spat, tossing him a stack of money.

"O'Connell, have you looked around any? Huh? What do I need money for? What the hell am I gonna spend it on?" Izzy asked sarcastically, throwing his hands in the air.

Just then, Rick stepped up to him, getting right in his face. 

"I'm gonna keep this short. My little boy is out there, and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get him back," Rick said, waving around a gold statue in his hand.

Izzy followed it with his eyes like a dog with a bone. 

"O'Connell, if you give me that gold stick there, you can shave my head, wax my legs, and use me as a surfboard," Izzy smiled.

"Didn't we already do that?" Rick asked.

"That's what happened in Taiwan," you chuckled, humored by the memory.

"By the way, when did you...lose your eye?" Rick asked, pointing to his own as an example.

"Oh, I didn't. I just though it made me look more dashing." Izzy smiled, lifting up his patch to reveal his intact eye.

Rick snatched the dumb thing off his face and he flinched, slightly cowering under his glare.

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

The five of you walked out the back entrance of his shop and over some rocks to find Ardeth and the other Medjai Tribe leaders waiting for you.

Ardeth dismounted his horse and walked over to you, Izzy sighing.

"I knew it. I'm gonna get shot," he groaned.

"These are the commanders of the twelve tribes of the Medjai," Ardeth introduced, a little falcon flying to his arm and perching there.

"Ah. Pet bird," Jonathan smirked.

"My best and most clever friend. He will let the commanders know of our progress so that they may follow," Ardeth explained, the falcon nuzzling into his finger.

He turned around and gave the leaders a firm nod, all of them nodding back before they turned around, galloping off on their horses.

"If the Army of Anubis arises, they will do all they can to stop it."

"Alright then, follow me," Izzy led, walking out in front of you.

"Are we sure Izzy's reliable?" Evy asked as you followed him to the vehicle he had ready.

"He's reliable-ish," Rick assured.

"He better be. Unless he wants a repeat of last time," you scoffed, cocking your gun.

The six of you turned the corner, only to find Izzy preparing a blimp-looking vehicle.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Izzy exclaimed, smiling.

"It's a balloon!" You scoffed, throwing your hands in the air. 

That thing is probably slower than a snail! There's no way it'll catch up to Alex.

"It's a dirigible," Izzy corrected, offended by your blatant error.

"Where's your plane?" Rick asked, confused and pissed off.

"Airplanes are a thing of the past," Izzy waved off.

"Izzy, you were right," you said, pointing your revolver at his chest. "You're gonna get shot."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! She's faster than she looks. And she's quiet. Real quiet. Perfect for sneaking up on people, which is a very good thing," Izzy explained, throwing his hands up in surrender. "Unless of course we go with your approach. Barging in face-first, guns blazing and shooting your friends in the ass!"

You paused for a moment, thinking and weighing your options before you caved, shoving your gun back in its holster.

"Why can't you people ever keep your feet on the ground?" Ardeth sighed.

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚