❥ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

Formula one has always been a huge part of my life. Before I was born, both of my parents raced there and after some time they truly fell in love. But even after I was born, I somehow kept my love for it alive. Because nothing in my entire life has been more important to me than these cars which drive around strange circuits. This feeling when the lights go out and the feeling of being part of something so big and special. It just feels incredible. Formula one has always been my home. Sometimes more than the house I was living in with my parents.
I still can remember when I had a fight with my dad and I climbed out the window after it, just to go to the track which was near our house. Because even when nobody was driving, and I was only seeing the markings on the track, I felt alive and like somebody finally understood me. But in 2004, formula one robbed me of one of the most important people in my life. I remember the feeling as my dad told me mom was not coming home because of this damn car, which killed her. The car, which  got out of control and crashed into the barrier. But that was not the moment my mom died. She died the moment another car got off the track and crashed into hers. She got a neck hernia and was automatically dead. That was the first time that the one thing I loved the most robbed me off my mother and broke my heart into a million pieces.

After her death, I ignored formula one for a while because I was not able to see how people got out of a similar situation alive. My broken heart could not believe that these people had the luck to survive and I was forced to accept that I had lost my mother. Little Elayne had to learn how much of an asshole life is at a really young age and I hate the universe for it. But the one I was more sad about, was my dad. He was at the track when my mom died and got to see how she died. He saw her crash and how the other car crashed into her. And there was nothing he could have done because he was also sitting in one of these cars. He was forced to continue driving, even though his wife died the moment before on the same track.
That was his moment, where he realized how dangerous formula one still is. He realized that he had a little daughter at home, who just lost her mother and that she can't lose him too. Christian Horner, also known as my dad, made a decision after that. He chose me  over formula one and said to himself that he would never drive a car like that again. And he kept it. But after one year, in 2005, he was offered a contract for Red Bull as their new team principal. And to be honest he would have been really dumb if he hadn't agreed to that.
And I have  never said it before, but I was really proud of my dad and really thankful for what he has done for me for all these years. He made me familiar with formula one and has shown me my greatest passion with this. I even have to thank him for making me familiar with Max Verstappen because without that, I wouldn't have found my best friend. Even though my dad still tries to make us become more than friends.  But that is totally not going to happen. Max is only a friend to me. Maybe the only one at the moment. And that means more to me than everything else. Also because I normally  don't date drivers. The feeling when an accident happened and someone you love is sitting in this car. A feeling I am familiar to because I already experienced it in my life. And I am honestly not able to feel this kind of pain again.