❥ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]
𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

It was the Tuesday of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and we were sitting at the airport, waiting for our flight to Jeddah. Max was sleeping on my shoulder since we were sitting here because he didn't have much sleep last night. I couldn't sleep because of the panic attacks I had the whole day and Max wanted to make sure I wasn't feeling alone, so we talked until 3am in the morning, knowing we had to leave at 7am. I was tired as well but now it was my turn to take care of Max which is why I stayed awake and scrolled through Instagram. After one hour of scrolling, I checked the time and there was still one hour left until our flight would take off.
I turned off my phone and looked at Max. He was sleeping peacefully with his hair standing in different directions. I pushed his hair out of his face and kissed his forehead to show him that I am still here when he wakes up. "Elayne?", a familiar voice came to my ear and put me back into reality. I looked around but I couldn't see anybody. I looked around a second time but no one familiar was standing in this airport lobby. But my attention was immediately focused on something else when Max stretched himself and slowly opened his eyes. I still looked through the room, searching for someone who just called my name, when he looked at me. Max saw my confused face and reached for my hand. I now returned the look. "Are you okay?",he asked with a worried face. "Yes, everything is fine", I answered with a smile before I asked him: "Should we go search for something to eat before our flight takes off?"Max still looked at me with a worried face before he nodded. While we stood up, I looked around once more and suddenly I recognized which voice I just heard.

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒]

When I arrived at the airport, my hopes were high that I would see Elayne again. I still remembered that she was visiting Max in Monaco, so I hoped that she would leave with him.
Joris was standing at a small shop to get us some drinks for the flight and when I looked around in the airport lobby, I recognized a blond guy laying on the shoulder of a brunette girl. Max and Elayne.
I immediately called out her name but before she could see me, Joris came back and pulled me out of the spotlight. "What the hell are you doing?!", I almost shouted at him. "I could ask you the same question, Charles." "What do you mean?", I asked him confused, because I honestly couldn't tell what he was talking about. "Calling out her name in the middle of an airport lobby? Charles, what is going on with you?", Joris answered and things got a little bit clearer in my head. He was right. My best friend was actually right. I don't know what is going on with me and why I just called Elayne's name. It was a reflex and I didnt think about it enough before doing it. "I don't know Joris. I just can't get this girl out of my head.", I whispered into his direction. Joris let out a heavy sigh and said: "I know, Charles. I know. But you have to concentrate. People know you. People know her. You can't just walk around and call out her name if you don't want to read about it in articles tomorrow." I nodded. What if she would have seen me and we would have talked? A lot of people would talk about it tomorrow and you would see a lot of photos on social media. I was thanking Joris in my head for saving me from my mistakes. Again.

We arrived in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday in the early afternoon and a some fans were already waiting for us drivers. I took my time for everybody before I recognized George and Lando in the crowd and made my way through to them. "Have you seen the girl next to Max?", Lando whispered into George's direction. " Yes, but I have never seen her before.", George answered quietly. "Hello,guys", I greet my two friends with a smile. " Hello, Charles. Do you know the girl next to Max?", Lando asked me, still looking in a different direction. I followed his look and recognized Elayne who was standing next to Max while he signed some stuff. "I know her. At least kind off. We met in Bahrain two weeks ago while she was searching for Max in the hotel." "Does she work in the paddock?", George tried to interact in our conversation. "I dont know. I have never seen her there before.", Lando answered with a thoughtful face. So I wasnt the only one, who has never seen her in the paddock before.
We started talking about the upcoming race while we made our way out of the airport. Since we were all sleeping in the same hotel, I offered Lando and George to take them with me in my rental car.
They agreed and we put our bags in the back of the car, ready to drive.
It was a one hour drive to the hotel and when we arrived, it was already slowly getting darker. I parked my car, said goodbye to George and Lando and went to the lift to get to my room. I was incredible tired and needed some sleep but my thoughts were always going to Elayne again. Something about her really fascinated me from the beginning but I just couldnt explain what it was.