❥ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

"I will go out with some drivers." Max says while leaning against the door frame, watching me, putting my stuff in the right places. I looked at him confused because we wanted to hang out and watch a movie. "I am really sorry. I know we wanted to watch a movie but you can come with us if you want to." he offers me while looking at me with a soft smile. I thought about it for a second, before shaking my head and saying: "No, it is fine. Go have some fun with your boys." Max' Smile turned brighter as he came up to me and kissed me on the forehead. "I love you, Horner. We will watch the Movie tomorrow." he said while going out of the door and leaving me alone. In a room, which is not mine. In a big apartment, which doesn't belong to me. And especially in a city I am not familiar with. I mean, I don't want to hold Max back from  having fun with his driver friends but I also don't want to be alone. Alone in this big apartment in Monaco.

Seconds turn into minutes and minutes turn into hours, I have been alone. I haven't done anything special yet. I took a shower, ate an apple and watched the newest interview of Charles Leclerc. Yes, I wanted to get him out of my head but I want to hear his voice more. His little French accent drives me crazy. Sometimes I even watch Interviews of him in French, just because I love when he speaks it.

As I put down my towel on my hair, I am hearing Charles' Voice in my head. Him whispering in my ears that he might be there. Drinking with Max.
And before I could think about it, I was putting my straightening iron in the socket and getting my makeup out of my bags. I will get dressed now. Just for Charles to blush. But also because I am not good at being alone. And the chance of meeting Charles is way  better than being alone like I haven't been in years.

I have been in formula one since 2019 and I have visited the Monaco Grand Prix a few times now, but walking through it never felt so good. Seeing the lights in the darkness, the people celebrating on their boats and couples sitting at the sea. Something made me fall in love with this city the day I walked through it. Yeah, I have always loved London. My home and the place where I grew up. But it was also the place where my mom's grave was. So I never left it. But now, walking through the most beautiful city I've ever seen, made me think about moving here one day.

After a few meters I walked from Max' apartment, I arrived at the pub of which Max had sent me the address.  It was small but looked quite comfortable with its green colors and the little sight which was standing in front of it. I smiled at the Cuteness of this little pub and walked in. But before I could barely walk a meter, someone ran into me and I lost my balance. I already saw myself lying on the floor, but the unknown person had another plan as a hand reached for mine and pulled me back. But his pull was stronger than expected so I ended up banging against a hard chest. I looked up in a pair of green eyes which were familiar to me and my heart stopped beating. I was leaning against the chest of Charles Leclerc with us having eye contact and him holding my hand. We looked at each other like we have known each other for a very long time. Like there was so much between us, but someone also nothing. I was holding my breath as he looked down on me, checking my dress out which I think was no longer a good idea. Yeah, I wanted to make him blush a few hours ago but now I was the one blushing as he smirked while looking down on me.
"Elayne..." Charles whispered like there were so many unsaid things. So many things I wished I could say. I want you to kiss my scars. You are happier without me in your life. That was the moment where I took a step back and started breathing again.I put a distance between us but the tension was still there. My heart was beating fast and I slowly managed to breathe again as Charles took a step forward. He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something but he closed it again as he saw someone coming. "There you are , little girl."Max' Voice penetrated my ear and I was frightened. I turned around to him while he was looking back and forth between Charles and me. The smile on his face slowly turned into confusion as he looked into my face. "You guys know each other?"Max asked with a protective look in his eyes. I let out a sigh before answering: "Yes, kinda. I was searching for you after the race in Bahrain and accidentally knocked on his door."His lips formed a silence "oh"before he asked another thing which I wished he didn't. "What were you doing here?"came out of his mouth and I honestly wanted to punish him at this moment because I had absolutely no idea how to answer that question. Yeah, I am attracted to your rival and we were fucking each other with our eyes. I couldn't tell him the truth. So I just told him the part he can know. "I walked in the pub and Charles ran into me. I almost lost my balance but he pulled me back."I slightly looked over to Charles who also let out a heavy sigh. I think we both don't want Max to know the truth. "Lets go get some drinks, Elayne."was the last thing Max said before making it look like he wanted to go to the bar. I turned around one last time to look into the bright green eyes which I can't get out of my head. "Thank you." I whispered before leaving him behind. Him and these feelings which I always thought were no longer there.