❥ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

I noticed nothing around me. I just ran. Ran through the streets of Monaco to get home.
The air striped through my hair while I walked past some stores and I couldn't stop thinking about Charles' face. The face he made when I told him Max called and wanted me to come home. Even though I made an excuse so he wouldn't know the truth, his face was full of sadness. He didn't want me to go home but I knew that it was the right decision. Especially when I closed the door of Max' apartment behind me. I immediately fell down on my knees and started crying. I started crying because I hate everything about myself. I hate my brain which is always filled with thoughts. I hate my legs which aren't that strong. But I especially hate my broken heart which still beats even though I don't want it to. I have wished to be dead many times before. The days I wish to be dead are getting less every year but on some days I am not able to feel this pain in my head and heart.
"Elayne?" Maxie's worried voice appeared in my ears and I started crying even more because I don't deserve this Dutch boy at all. Max' eyes looked into mine. He came up to me and kneeled down next to me. His arms pulled me into a hug with his lips kissing my head to calm me down. "Hey, zoetheid. I am here with you. You are safe." Max whispered while continuing kissing my head. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer like he was the only thing that could save me now. And he was. On the very hard days, he was the only one able to understand me. To save me from this cruel world which never has been nice to me.

The sound of rain and cars came from my window which was in the direction of the streets and I opened my eyes slowly. I recognized the walls of my room and realized that I must have fallen asleep a while ago because I couldn't remember how I ended up here. I stretched myself, moving my arms so much that I touched another body which was laying next to me. I looked next to me and saw Maxie, sleeping peacefully. I smiled at him because I knew that I probably fell asleep in his arms and he carried me all the way to my bedroom, now sleeping next to me to take care of me. My heart was getting warm inside my chest because he is the best person on this earth. My platonic soulmate.       
I got up easily and sneaked out of the door quietly so I wouldn't wake him up. With small steps, I went to the kitchen and searched for something to eat in the fridge. I found some yogurt, bananas and strawberries and thought this would make a great snack before Max gets up and we could cook together. I cut the fruits and put them together with the yogurt in a bowl before realizing that Maxie left the tv on. I recognized a familiar voice and moved a few meters so I could see the tv on one of the walls in the living room. I held my breath when I saw his beautiful face. The beautiful face with the green eyes. "Charles..." I whisper, staring at the tv screen. It was a vlog of him where he went skiing with some of his friends in January to prepare for the upcoming season. I looked at him intently, watching everything he does and feeling something I have never felt with anyone else before. A connection. There was something like an understanding between us without actually knowing each other. It felt like he knew me. My heart, my head and every scar on my body. Everything of me.
I shook my head and turned around to get my bowl which I completely forgot while looking at Charles. Damn it, Elayne. Now he is in your head again. I moved my hand over my face because I was annoyed at myself for bringing him up again. For wanting to be near him...
Oh fuck. I am so screwed. My heart was beating fast in my chest because it was so scared. I have been protecting it for quite a while now. For almost five years to be honest. And it worked. Most of the time I had no interest in the guys who tried to get my attention. I don't know what is different now but Charles immediately got my attention when I started working at Red Bull Racing and saw him in the Paddock. And years later, I accidentally knocked on his door, searching for the dutch boy sleeping next door. I always believed in the universe or that things find their way when they are meant to be but now the universe was pushing me in the direction of Charles Leclerc. A person who can be the one who saves me but also the one who could break my heart more and more. And I don't know whether I am ready to find this out by myself.