❥ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

After I made sure that Max was sleeping and Kelly told me everything was fine, I ran straight to my hotel room, which was luckily just a floor above the one where the boys' rooms were. I shut the door and took a deep breath. Another one but I still wasn't able to realize what just happened. The only thing I could think of was this guy, at which door I accidentally knocked on. And this guy was no other than Charles Leclerc. Racing driver for Scuderia Ferrari since 2019. Winner of formula three in 2016 and formula two in 2017. Made his f1 debut in 2018 with Alfa Romeo. I just knocked on this guy's door, though I was searching for Max. I put my hands over my face and take another deep breath. The tingling in my abdomen was still there, feeling stronger than I have ever experienced it. The look he gave me, like he was really happy to see me without knowing me, still living rent free in my head.
I have been attracted to Charles since I first saw him in the paddock. He was still a little bit shy back then, just like me in my first year as my dads assistant. I was super nervous and shy, as I walked into the paddock for the first time but Charles made me feel better without him even knowing it. He hadn't even done anything on purpose but seeing him, being nervous just like me, though it was his second year in formula one, made me feel like I had someone to understand what I felt. I mean, I haven't talked to him, but the way he was looking around, searching for someone he already knew, reminded me of myself. I had done the same things back then. But today, after a few years being in formula one, I accidentally knocked on his door with him opening, thinking I was Carlos, who wanted to cheer him up. His green eyes, looking into my brown ones. Searching for anything he could find. His eyes wandering over my body. I open my eyes. When did I close them? I was absolutely not sure, but I was honestly not able to think straight right now. The only thing I could think of was Charles' look and the feelings I have when I am with him. The feelings I am hiding for one year now. Because I always thought, I was not able to feel them again after what happened a few years ago. Damn it, Elayne. You need to stop. My inner voice shouts at me and I know deep in my head that she is totally right. I've always been a red bull girl and he was my rival, driving for another team.
A loud sigh leaves my mouth and I admonish myself one more time, that I have to get over him. Or at least over the sexual feelings, I am feeling for him. So I walked through the hotel room, over to one of my suitcases and started packing the last things in. I would head to the airport in just a few hours, flying straight to Monaco. Two weeks before we were going to the next race, I wanted to spend time with Max in his apartment since he had invited me a few days ago. He said and I am quoitting him: "We spend not enough time together." Thereby we spend the whole race weekend together and when we are not together, we call each other or write text messages. So it's a lie that we don't spend enough time together. Honestly, I am not complaining. But his sentences made no sense to me, because we are always together. Even when we are not supposed to be together. Max Verstappen was like a big brother to me. The one I was looking up to and the one who knows all my secrets.Not that I have many secrets to tell him but what I want to say is that he was always there for me, took care of me and supported me in my dreams. I am very thankful to have him. And that's the reason why I am spending this week with him till we are back on track. Because you know what? 2 weeks till the next race means, I wont see Charles till then and I was somehow really looking forward to this.