❥ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

Some sun rays were shining in the room, coming from the windows as I opened my eyes. A yawn escaped my mouth while I was stretching myself. My gaze wandered around the room and I was scared. This is not my room. At least not the room I got ready in yesterday and where my clothes were. This room has a huge but comfortable bed and some little shelves. No decoration and no pictures on the walls. Where the hell am I?
I decided to get up and look at what was going on. On tiptoes, I sneaked to the door and opened it carefully so I wasn't too loud. My first look went onto a big, white wall in front of me before I got out of the room, looking left and right to find anything that made me find out where I was. As I walked a step, I heard noises from the right and I decided to go this way.
After going some steps, still quietly, I arrived in a big, open and comfortable kitchen with a topless back taking my attention away from the kitchen. How can a back be this attractive? I asked myself before I looked down on his waist and I almost gasped. I have never met a guy with such an attractive waist. That was at least what I thought before the guy in front of me turned around. "Ellie..." Charles whispered when he saw me and my heart skipped a beat as he used my old nickname. "Charlie..." I said back to him without actually thinking about it. His gaze softened and when he smiled at me, his little dimples came out and I stopped to breathe. Could this guy be even more perfect? My heart was beating like hell in my chest and I tried to calm down but it was not working with him standing right in front of me, wearing only boxers. And these boxers were not very subtle...
You were able to see everything and for god's sake I have never been so attracted to a guy.
But my thoughts were quiet when I heard someone cleaning his throat behind us. Charles was frightened and looked at the person standing behind me. I turned around to see the person interrupting us. It was no other than Joris. Charles' best friend and content creator. I have seen him at the tracks multiple times but seeing him here now was another story because he interrupted us while fucking each other with our eyes. Charles and I had shared such intimate looks which were not destined to be seen by anyone. But Joris saw them and the atmosphere immediately turned out to be weird.
Joris looked back and forth between us before Charles also cleaned his throat and found his voice back. "Joris, this is Elayne, the best friend of Max Verstappen. Elayne, this is Joris, my best friend." Charles introduced us and I stretched my hand out for Joris. He reached for mine and shook it before smiling at me. I smiled back at him before excusing myself and going to the bathroom.

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒]

The whole thing with Elayne turned out to be a big mess. When I took her to my home, I completely forgot that I was meant to have breakfast with Joris the next morning. We wanted to discuss what content we are trying to produce for my fans but now everything was out of control.
When Elayne excused herself and went to the bathroom, I turned back to the kitchen just because I was not in the mood to look at Joris right now. I knew what he wanted to say and it was just a matter of time till he finally spoke it out.
"She is nice." his voice came to my ears and I rolled my eyes at him. He always starts conversations like that. "Joris, just speak it out." I say to him while turning around. | looked at him with a waiting look and he finally started to speak. "That is not your style, Charles. You are usually not taking girls home for just one night." "She is not a one night stand if you think so, Joris." I answered a little bit pissed off because he really thought that Elayne was just a one night stand.
She was way more than that. "One night stand or not. You usually don't take girls home you don't know or you are not interested in." He paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "Do you want more from her, Charles?" My heart skipped a beat when he asked me this question and I forgot to breathe for a second. "I don't know, Joris. She is different from the girls I have met before." I gave him the only answer which I could at the moment. He came towards me and looked at me urgently. "Charles, you want to be world champion this year. A new relationship could distract you and cost you more time you don't have." Joris said the truth. I want to be world champion this year. And a new relationship could distract me. And for god's sake I was sad over Charlotte yesterday. That is also not a good thing for a new relationship.

[𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄]

I was sitting on the bathroom floor, leaning against the door and hearing everything Charles and Joris said.
Tears were streaming down my face. My heart was beating like hell in my chest and I was shaking on my whole body. I tried to calm down but my body didn't let me breathe. I wanted to scream but my voice was gone. The only thing I heard was a man's voice saying that he didn't make it. That he didn't survive the crash. That he was no longer with us. Mentally I was back on this day in 2017 even though my body was here, sitting in Charles' bathroom and having a goddamn panic attack because he talked about having a relationship with me.
My eyes were hurting from crying. My chest was burning like hell because I tried to breathe even though my body was not letting me to. And it felt like I was dying. I saw him right in front of me. Smiling at me. Saying that he needs me to be strong. That my life is better without him in it. I cry even more while screaming that he left me. That my life is like hell without him. That I haven't felt any happiness which was a lie. I was happy. Yesterday, with Charles. And that was the only real happiness I have felt in years.