2.

I walked down to the basement, cleaning up anything out of place for when my dad was ready to get the next person. He had gotten Robin Arellano, resulting in Finney getting the shit beaten out of him. I wasn't there but it went all around school. As I was looking around, I heard the phone ring and I looked over at it. I bit my tongue as I walked over to it and picked it up. "Uhm, hello?" There was a static sound and a very faint voice behind all that static. I sighed as I slammed the phone down and head back up the stairs. I looked over at my dad, with his weird mask on. "Did you just pick me up early to make me judge your masks or what?" I questioned, annoyed.

"No, no, I'm letting you witness another taking!" he exclaimed and I groaned.

"Mhm, sure, cool, we going or not?" I asked, heading outside. He didn't answer back as I head out the door. "Don't get caught by Max either with that stupid mask." I got into the front seat of the van and waited as he got in, wearing a top hat and sunglasses. "Better then the mask," I muttered. He started driving around town 'til he reached an empty location with only one kid walking. He parked right in front of the kid and I got a good look at him. "Wait, dad, that's Finney Blake," I told him, worried.

"So? Do you have a problem?"

"He's my friend, you know how messed up it'll be if I let my literal father kidnap him?" He pat me on the shoulder and I moved a bit further from him.

"It's alright," he told me. "he'll survive for a day, word won't get out on how he knows I'm your dad." He hopped out of the car and I slowly exited out, closing the door. I heard eggs splatter on the ground and I listened to the conversation.

"Well, isn't that peachy keen?" the Grabber joked.

"Do you need some help?" Finney asked, sounding concerned.

"You see that?" he joked.

"Yeah." Finney sounded like he wanted to leave , real bad as I sat behind the car,  wondering what to do.

"Would you hand me my hat?" There was a bit of silence before he started talking again. "I'm a part-time magician! Would you like to see a magic trick?" I heard as the spray can rattled and I held my breath.

"Wait, are those black balloons?" My eyes widened and I ran out from behind the car.

"Finney!" I shouted, charging at him.

"Y/N?" he questioned and the Grabber punched me hard, not enough to get knocked out though. I heard Finney struggling as I shook myself, trying to recover from that punch. I looked up as he shut the door and glared over at me.

"You asshole!" I snapped as he grabbed my arm.

"Don't interfere with my work!"

"What work?! You kidnap kids, go get a stable job, old man!" He opened the door as I climbed in and he slammed it shut before he got into the driver's seat.

"This is a stable job!"

"Well, it sucks!"

"You keep talking back to me, I'll slit your throat!" he yelled and I sat back in my seat, looking out the window. We pulled up at our house and I got out of the car, walking inside to leave them. I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed, sighing. There was a knock at the door and I groaned.

"God, please just go away," I muttered, shoving my face into my pillow. The door opened and I felt someone sit on my bed.

"Y/N-"

"If you have that ugly mask on, please take it off," I sighed as I looked up and he had the top half on. "Whatever, good enough."

"Are you seriously that upset over this? You know I've been doing this for a while."

"You kidnapped my friend!" I shouted at him and I heard a door open. "Max is home, you should probably get that stupid mask off."

"I'm going downstairs to visit your friend." I glared at him as he exit the room. I got up and walked over to find Max and he noticed I looked upset.

"Hey, you alright?" he asked.

"I'm just tired," I told him. "Did you do anything interesting today?"

"Nope, where's your dad at?"

"Dunno, other room, somewhere," I sighed. "I'll go find him, you just.. just wait here."

"Wait, wait." He grabbed my arm and I looked over at him. "Is your face alright?" Shit.

"Yeah, just some kid at school, it's fine."

"Woah, hey, it's not fine, are you-"

"Max, please, I got him back, it's alright." I started walking down to the basement as I saw my dad walking up the stairs. "Max wants to find you." I shoved past him before he had the chance to answer. He grabbed the back of my shirt.

"Don't let him out."

"I'm not dumb." I kept walking down the stairs and opened the door carefully, holding my breath. I pushed the heavy door open as it creaked and I saw a confused Finney. "Hey, can you see?" I asked and his eyes seemed to light up.

"Y/N! He got you?" he asked and I nodded hesitantly.

"Yes, the Grabber got me, too," I agreed, looking at the door.

"Wait, how are you walking around?"

"It's- he, he doesn't know! I am in a different room but I am able to escape!" I convinced him. My eyes shot over to the phone as I heard it ring.

"Uhm.." I walked over to the phone and picked it up. "It didn't ring?.." I listened to the static and put it to Finney's ear. "There's nothing." I groaned and put the phone back to my ear.

"Come on! Talk to me!" I shouted and after no reply. I slammed the phone back down. "Finney, please promise me that if anyone talks to you on that phone, tell me as soon as you can."