9.

I woke up on the grass, my body cold and I looked around frantically. It was dark and only the street lights were on. I got up, feeling my wound. It was still there but no blood. I started walking down the empty street, calling out. "Finney?! Gwen?!" I shouted. No response. I looked at my house which was basically a complete crime scene and I sat on the curb. "God, did they just leave me here to die?" I sighed.

"You are." I jumped up at the sound of Robin's voice and stepped back.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, as he approached me.

"Robin, who else?" I looked at the wounds covering his body and winced at the sight of them.

"But you're dead," I said and realized. "shit, so am I." I looked around. "What about Finney? Is he ok? God, I'll go insane if he didn't live-"

"No, he's fine.. physically, you could say. Mentally and emotionally? That's a different story." I looked at Robin before running down the street to Finney's house. I heard him run after me. "Y/N! You can't do anything!" I ignored him and ran faster, finding his house and I ran at the door, shutting my eyes. I didn't know if it was like the movies where ghosts could phase through walls and shit. I walked around his house and ended up in his room, where he lay on his bed. He just stared up at the ceiling, looking like an absolute mess. Gwen walked in and sat on his bed, looking at him.

"It should've been me," he said, holding back tears. "only reason they died is because they pushed me out of the way."

"Finney, it isn't your fault," Gwen comforted. "they wanted you to live. Everyone who died probably wanted you to get out for them." Finney sat up and looked out the window. She looked out as well.

"The phone."

"Finney, it's broken, it won't so you any good." He hesitated before collapsing back in bed.

"I lost Robin, then I lost Y/N," he sighed. "I was actually getting closer with them like I told you about last year."

"You told them about that?" she asked.

"Yeah, and honestly, I think I reawakened feelings when I told them." I heard their dad say something from the other room and Gwen started to rush out before Finney stopped her. "Gwen, if you have dreams about them, please tell me if they say anything about me." She nodded as she walked out the door, leaving Finney alone. I sat beside him and looked at Robin, who was standing at the foot of his bed.

"Can I call him from his phone in this house?" I asked and Robin shook his head.

"Trust me, nobody can do that," he said. "otherwise, the Grabber would've been caught way before all of this." I sighed as I lay next to Finney.

"God, this is such a terrible way to go out." I lifted my head to face Robin. "Where's the others?"

"After the Grabber was defeated, they headed to the afterlife now that they don't have to worry about someone else being taken by the Grabber."

"Why haven't you left?"

"To watch Finn, you gonna leave?"

"Staying with Finney as well, you're stupid for thinking I'm gonna leave him behind." Robin chuckled a bit and nodded.

"Alright, if you ever wanna go, just tell me and I'll say goodbye." I nodded and sighed heavily, looking over at Finney. I held his hand, despite him not knowing but he sorta shivered at the touch. He looked around after the shiver then laid there again.

"God, I miss you, Finney."

(a/n: L i wasnt gonan do an authors note bc idk  i just didnt want to but i literally forget shows and movies r like different lengths so i was shocked when i literlaly got newr the end of the movie ??? on the previous chapter but whayever kinds gave up wriitng on the prev chapter but its ok bc im gonna write a rinney angst for u guys xoxo 💋)