13

"Raine?" I heard a familiar voice say. I froze, moving away from Alexi. I could recognize that voice anywhere, no matter how long it's been since I heard it. It was the first sound I've ever heard in my life, and right now it was the last sound I wanted to hear.

"Leave." I said to Alexi. He nodded, placing a kiss on my cheek. He smiled in their direction before jogging back around the car, hopping in. I really wish he didn't just do that.

"Wait where is he going?" Another familiar voice said. I groaned, watching as Alexi started up the car and drove away from the curb. When he was a good distance away I sighed, adjusting myself and turning around.

There stood my lovely parents, both a little in shock at what they had just witnessed. Of course they're here, why wouldn't they be? They always pop up at the worst possible times. "Hello parents." I said, smiling tightly.

The mimosas were still in my system, but I was definitely sobering up right now seeing their faces. "Raine, who the hell was that?" Asked my mom, putting her hand on her hip. She was a small but mighty woman, my features almost identical to here. She had a look of disapproval on her face, I'm assuming because of what she just witnessed, but she's usually a happy person.

"Nobody in particular." I said quickly, acting casual.

"He looked awfully familiar." My dad said, scratching his chin. Oh god please don't make the connection.

My parents are pretty accepting people, I've never had any issue with them in regards to my sexuality, they've always just gone with it. As long as I'm happy they're happy. But I don't think they'd be open about this. Catching me sucking face with a who-knows how-old-guy, not a good look.

"He was nobody." I said again, louder this time.

"Well that nobody had his hands all over your butt, so obviously he was somebody to you." My mom said, raising an eyebrow at me. "And he looked a lot older than you too, who was that man? I've never seen him around before."

"Mom please." I begged. Can she please just let me live my fucking life. "Can we just drop it, it's not that serious."

"I'm just saying, we haven't heard from you in a few days and the first thing we see is you making out with some guy." She said, putting her hands up in defense. "You look good though honey, you gained some weight."

"Thanks I think." I said, grateful that she changed the subject. "The real question is why are you guys here?"

"We were going to surprise you, we have everything upstairs. Louis told us that you got the job, so we blew up some balloons, I made your favorite, pancit palabok, and I put it in containers so you could eat it as you wish. We just came back down to grab this." my mom said, pulling a wine bottle out of her purse. My mouth began to water as she mentioned my favorite dish, and my anger went away a little bit. It's not often that my mom makes Filipino food, we're very much Americanized, so I'll be thankful.

"I guess I can forgive you since you have food." I said, smiling a little.

"Are you drunk? I thought you had work today?" My mom asked, scrunching her brows.too many questions! Who cares if I'm under the influence before 5PM on a Monday, I'm grown!

"Whaaaat you're crazy." I said, waving her off. "Thank you for the wine and the food mom, I appreciate you both. I did have work today, but it was just boring onboarding stuff, so I got done early. I go back on Wednesday for a few hours."

"Hmm. If you say so." She said, turning to my dad. "You ready to go honey?"

"Of course. Be safe, if you need anything we're just a phone call away. I love you Raine." My dad said, pulling me in for a strong dad hug.