25

𝔸𝕀ℕ𝔼

My alarm woke me up with its unpleasant blaring, knocking me out of the little bit of peaceful sleep I had gotten last night. After that long day yesterday, I came home to my roommate chatting my ear off. And when I finally got to lay in my bed I couldn't even fall asleep. I was too worried.

The way that this case is going, it doesn't seem safe. The thought of Alexi being involved in anything remotely dangerous had me in a tizzy all night. Obviously I can't tell him how to do his job, but it still worries me. I groaned inwardly, turning it off and sitting up.

"I don't wanna go to work." I whined to myself, kicking my covers back in a fuss. Monday's are always so shitty, I don't know if I get any PTO but I'm ready to use it already.

I checked my phone and I dragged myself to the bathroom, checking my phone as I got to the toilet. A couple of notifications, and a text message from Alexi. "Let me pick you up, be ready by 7:15." It read. I smiled to myself, checking the time. It's six now, so I have about an hour to get ready. Not much time.

I showered quickly, doing some minimal makeup before throwing an outfit together. I decided on some basic black shorts, a large flowing silk poncho and stylish sneakers, and of course my signature messenger bag. I did a quick braided bun in my hair, letting a few pieces of hair frame my face.

"This'll have to do." I said to myself, giving myself a good spray down with a fruity perfume. I stepped out of my bedroom just as my phone buzzed, Alexi texting me that he was downstairs. I quickly made my way down, a smile making its way to my face as I say him leaned up against his car.

He had a button up shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up halfway, and slacks. "Good morning my pet." He said to me as I walked up to him.

"Good—" I didn't even get a chance to finish greeting him before he slammed his lips on mine. I melted into it, letting him take control. When he finally had his fill he looked down at me, worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay Sir?" I asked him. He nodded, letting out a large sigh.

"Yeah, just tired. It's Monday." He said, clearly brushing me off. I let it go for now, climbing into the car as he opened the door for me.

Our ride to work was quiet besides the sound of the radio, not uncomfortable but you could tell he had something on his mind. Of course it's probably about the case, but I won't push him to talk about it, he'll say something when he's ready. At least, I hope he does.

He parked his car, opening the door for me and following closely behind as we walked up to the building. Why is he walking so close to me? We're at work, he doesn't think it'll be any type of suspicious that he's all up on me like this.

Also, now that I think about it, why is he bringing me to work? Usually he's here before my alarm goes off, now he's coming in at the same time as me? This case must really have him messed up...

He greeted people as we walked by, people giving him  strange looks as we maneuvered through the crowd of people trying to get to their desks. We stepped into one of the elevators, people piling in behind us. We managed to get up against the back wall, him behind me against the wall and me leaning against him.

Before the doors were even fully closed I felt his hand on my backside. I jumped, glaring at him over my shoulder, but he wasn't even looking in my direction. I tried to play causal as he felt me up through the shorts, his fingers occasionally brushing my bare thigh with his fingers.

I let out a small breath, trying my hardest not to get pay him any mind, but it was hard to ignore him. He was doing this on purpose, in elevator full of people, so I could feel embarrassed. Now is not the time for this!