Chapter 8 | Vanilla Scent

"His lips might be soft but still no more kisses

"His lips might be soft but still no more kisses."

Chapter Eight: I want you.

Y/N couldn't believe it. For weeks, Jungkook had been endlessly flirting with her, much to her exasperation. No matter how many times she responded with sassy quips or blatant dismissals, he never seemed to take the hint. If anything, his advances only grew more persistent.

The whole company was abuzz with dating rumors about the two of them, the last thing Y/N needed right now. Jungkook would routinely leave chocolates, flowers, and teddy bears on her desk - his not-so-subtle courtship attempts. She couldn't help the blush that crept up her cheeks whenever she saw them, knowing full well he was exploiting her weaknesses.

Yet, to everyone else, Jungkook maintained his cold, unapproachable demeanor as the boss. Y/N had witnessed him yelling at numerous employees, but the moment he laid eyes on her, his entire demeanor would shift, softening into a captivating gaze that made her heart flutter.

The truth was, Y/N was already hopelessly in love with her infuriating boss. But her own stubborn ego stood in the way of fully embracing their burgeoning romance. After a past betrayal, her defenses were firmly in place, making it difficult for her to fully trust Jungkook and his intentions.

Today, on her day off, Y/N found herself watching a romantic comedy movie, each flirtatious scene between the on-screen couple only serving to remind her of Jungkook. She couldn't stop thinking about him - his personality, his deep, alluring voice, the tattoos that adorned his muscular arms, his distinct hairstyle, and the fierce intensity of his gaze.

Jeon Jungkook was a walking, talking temptation, and Y/N was struggling to resist the pull of his magnetic charm.

Y/N paused the movie, the vibrant colors and charming characters on the screen fading as she was lost in her own thoughts. She shifted uncomfortably on the couch, her gaze fixed on the blank TV screen.

"What am I doing?" she muttered to herself, running a hand through her hair in frustration.

"This is crazy. I can't be thinking about him like this."

She let out a deep sigh, feeling the familiar fluttering in her chest at the mere mention of Jungkook's name.

"He is nothing but a cold ass!"

Try as she might, she couldn't shake the effect he had on her. It was as if he had wormed his way into every corner of her mind, occupying her thoughts with his mesmerizing presence.

"He's my fucking boss," Y/N reminded herself sternly.

"And he's... he's just so..." She trailed off, unable to find the right words to describe the allure that radiated from Jungkook.

Captivating, tempting, irresistible - none of them seemed adequate.

Y/N leaned back against the couch, squeezing her eyes shut as if to block out the mental image of Jungkook's face.