𝑉𝐴𝑃𝐸

Genre: fluff, sad
Trigger warning: mention of death, addiction and vape
What: boyfriend
Where: the beach/hotel/bathroom

☁︎︎ ·˚ ::

MY MOM DIED four months ago. It was really hard for me. More the days went it got worse, I missed her more and more.

The day of my fifteenth birthday my best friend decided to bring me to a party.

I met a guy there. His name was Charles. I decided to sit beside him and he asked me if I smoked. I said no and he told me to try it.

Soon enough I felt numb. I felt good. After the party I decided to ask my older friend to buy a vape with flavour in it.

That was two months ago. I didn't stop vaping. I hid it from my friends and Mason. I knew he would HATE me doing that.

I was actually hanging out at the beach with Maddy, Mikey and Mason.

We were throwing a ball and all of a suddent I felt like I needed to vape. My head started hurting. I thought of an excuse.

"Guys my head hurts I'm gonna go to the bathroom"I quickly left.

Masons pov

Y/n just left because she had a headache but why would she go to the bathroom for that? She just had to drink water.

I looked at Mikey and Maddy confused. "You should go check on her bro" Miguel said.

"I can't if it's in the girls bathroom"

"I'll go check on her"Maddy suggested.

We nodded.

Maddys pov

I entered the womens bathroom when I saw...smoke?

I walked to get to it "y/n-" my eyes were wide with a shocked face. Y/n was vaping.

Masons girlfriend, Miguel and I's best friend and the sweetest person on earth was sitting on the counter smoking.

"Maddy it's-it's not what you think!" She said quickly with a panicked look on her face.

"Y/n- I...how are you going to tell Mason this? Why just why?" I felt a lump in my throat not because I wanted to cry. Actually I did want to cry.

Why did she hide that? Why did she start? For how long? How will
Mason and Miguel react? Did it made her feel good?

Masons pov

I felt like I needed to go and check on y/n so I looked at miguel. He nodded "let's go see if she's okay"

We both walked towards the hotel and into the womens bathroom only to be met my Madeline's back. We went beside her.

Y/n was holding something in her hands with tears in her eyes. I tried to look closer to see what she was holding.

The realization hit me. Y/n was...vaping?

I looked beside me and saw that Madeline also had tears in her eyes with a shocked face.

Miguel had a slight shocked face with wide eyes.

"Y/n-" I started. She shaked her head getting off the counter and storming out of the bath room.

I looked at my friends. "You have to go after her Mason."

I ran out the bathroom following her. "Mason I don't wanna hear it I know what-" I didn't let her finish. I pulled her into my chest and wrapped my hands around her.

I felt her hug me back as she cried. "Y/n...why are you doing this?" I whispered.

She sighed. I pulled away from the hug but she hold me back putting her head on my chest. I went back to holding her.

"After my mom's death I felt every emotion. But after two months it got worse. My friend brought me to a party for my birthday and a guy asked me if I wanted to smoke. I said yes, so I did. I felt like everything was better. I felt numb but good. I hate the smell of cigarettes so I asked my friend to buy me a vape with flavour. I wanted to stop but I got addicted "

I pulled away from the hug and put both of my hands on her cheeks. "I thought your eyes were red because you would cry. But all this time...you were high?" (Just imagine u can get high alr ik u can't 🥲💀)

She looked ashamed, scared. "Mason I-"

"I'm not mad y/n. You could've told me or Maddy or Mikey."

"I know. I'm sorry" I shook my head.
"You don't need to apologize love. It's okay"

She nodded.

"We're going to help you with your addiction okay?"

"Okay"

A/N
GUYS?!?

2K READERS! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH GUYS

I STARTED THIS BOOK FOUR DAYS AGO!

THANK YOU SM FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS 🫶🏻🫶🏻

I love y'all sm💕