The Plan

Sejalbai twisted the pallu of her saree nervously as she listened to Aaryawati's plans. She was shocked when she was called immediately by Aaryawati and she had to drop her lunch in between. As soon as she entered her best friend's chamber, Aaryawati locked the door and made her sit on her bed.

It was first time in so many years when Aaryawati looked so flushed. The first time when her alliance was fixed with Aaryaveer. Yes, the handsome and charming prince of Aaryasatta kingdom who was not only heroic but also known far and wide for his righteous nature. He had been recently crowned as the King and was besotted with the beauty of Aaryawati the day he saw her for the first time. That was the day when she couldn't be more happier for her friend. After all, Aaryawati had found her match. However, she also understood why Aaryawati chose to tame her power and skill in front of her in laws. By doing that, she fell into the mould of typical innocent Queen and won the admiration of her in-laws. They loved her like their own daughter and rooted for her happiness. However it was beyond her as to how she managed to hide her true nature in front of her husband with whom she shared such an emotional and physical proximity.

"I have a plan. Let's implement it as soon as possible. I need to be by Aaryawar's side as soon as possible." Said Aaryawati as she clutched her hands.

"I will do anything you please, Aaryawati." She said with determination. It was the time to prove her friendship to Aaryawati.

"We need to tell everyone that I am pregnant." She said urgently.

"Are you? really!" Shouted Sejalbai.

"No. But that will provide me with some freedom that I will need to get out of this place." She spoke with a grin.

Sejalbai wondered how could someone get more freedom once she gets pregnant. And why does she need to lie?

"Do as I say. Just tell the Mother Queen that I have missed my periods and have been vomiting since the morning. I am also nauseous and feeling fatigued." She said.

"What if they send a Royal physician? We would be caught and it would be scandalous!" Sejalbai protested and wondered if desperation had drove her friend to the edge of madness.

However seeing the Aaryawati's knowing smile, she knew her friend's head has turned on the switch. She would never do anything that would harm her reputation and yet, will manage to save her husband with her brains.

She sighed and rushed to the Queen Mother.