Dicey situation

Aaryawati aka Veerti's POV

"I just don't get it. We have destroyed their borders and army camp. They haven't responded yet!" I was baffled.

We all were sitting on the ground, inside a big tent while food was being served.

"That's good! We get time to rest. I think they have mentally given up." Said Utsav as he rubbed his hands, waiting for his turn of getting food served.

"If that's the thing, we need to call for the celebration!" Said Nakul as he relished the Satvik food served on the plates made using the banana leaf.

They all laughed but I got lost into my thoughts. Sanketsingh wasn't the person who would fulfil the protocols of war. Na. He would definitely do something.

"Let's pray before we eat!" Said Harisenji and everyone closed their eyes and folded their hands. I had already recited my prayers so my eyes were open. I looked at Aaryaveer who also had already recited the prayer and was now busy winking at me. I couldn't help but smile and then tried to keep a straight face as everyone opened their eyes and we all resumed eating.

For sometime, everyone was quiet, lost into their own thoughts. Besides it's an established etiquette that one shouldn't talk while eating.

"I feel that Sanketsingh wouldn't easily give up. He would attack in some way or another." Spoke up Aaryaveer, voicing my thoughts. We all had finished our dinner and sat in the circle to discuss the next strategy.

"I wonder, did our Doots find any valuable information from the spies?" I asked about our ambassadors who were attacked a few days before and we had to rescue them and bring them to our camp.

"They are still in our camp and I must say, they are recovering very well." Said Nakul. He was responsible for taking care of animals, weapons and ambassadors.

"We need to talk to them." I said looking at Aaryaveer and he nodded.

I got up and getting the hint, Aaryaveer got up too. As we advanced towards the exit of the tent, suddenly our little fingers touched. And I got an electric jolt. For a split of second, I caught the expression of Veer from my peripheral vision. He was in the same state as I was. Thankfully our backs were turned against everyone so I was glad that no one spotted what had happened. Or did they?

As we got out of the tent, I could faintly hear Utsav speaking "has anything happened between both of them?"  I looked at Aaryaveer and he nodded. He too managed to overheard the conversation. We both needed to be careful around them.

We advanced towards the Doots' tent. I knew there was something very strange and fishy about the enemy. Maybe talking with Doots would enable us to extract some information.