Zoë Jackson's p.o.v

"Wake up!" Ethan yells.

"No," I mumble, rolling over in my bed to stuff my face in my pillow.

"Fine! I'm going to breakfast without you, then." Then I hear him dramatically stomp out.

From the silence in the cabin, I can tell that Charlie isn't here. Most likely slept in Cabin 6 today with Cas. Though now she's probably at breakfast, or–a more likely reason–taking a morning walk on the beach with her boyfriend Jason Valdez. 

"Zoë Jackson! Wake up!" I hear Vanessa McLean say, forcefully. I sigh. Vanessa is one of my best friends-she has short brown hair and sky blue eyes, I always thought she was prettier than the Aphrodite cabin as a whole. Though I love her, antics like this can get old. I mean, really, can't a girl get some sleep?

"Nessa," I state, opening my eyes slightly, "Charmspeak won't work to get me out of bed. It stopped working years ago."

"Please?"

"No."

"Okay. I'll send someone who can actually wake you up. I'm going to breakfast. Blue muffin?" She asks.

"Blue muffin," I confirm, smiling. When she leaves, I close my eyes again.

I start to drift back to sleep when...

"Wake up," someone whispered. I inwardly smile when I recognize the voice. How could I forget it? I open my eyes slightly to see Mateo Valdez grinning down at me. I laugh when I realise that he is in a plank position above me.

"No," I smirk at him.

"You're awake right now!"

"No," I say, closing my eyes.

"Zoooooooë," He groans, stretching my name out. I open my eyes again.

"Do you wanna go to breakfast?" he asks, . I shake my head.

"Nessa's getting me a blue muffin."

"You Jacksons and your blue food," He chuckles. "Want to play a game?"

"What type of game?" I ask, playing with the strings of his hoodie. It's rather childish, the way we act with each other. 

"Hypothetically."

I smile at the boy. We've been playing that game for as long as I remember. 

Nodding, I start, "I'll go first. Hypothetically if you saw a man begging for money on the street, you gave him some, and then the next day you found out he wasn't homeless, what would you do?" I ask.

"Let him burn," Mateo shrugs.

"Matty, that's mean."

"He was mean to me," He states. Mateo along with Jason and Esperanza inherited the power of fire from their father, the Leo Valdez. Milo got sorcery from their mother, Esperanza did to, I guess. "Hypothetically if I went to school with you, would you talk to me?"

I stare at him, blankly, "What kind of question is that?"

"Well, You would be superrrr popular, and I'd be that one kid who only his poor brothers would talk to."

I roll my eyes. I know that wouldn't happen. Mateo is one of those kids who'd be named the class clown and then become super popular because of sports.

At camp, Charlie and I are semi-popular girls. Probably from being the daughters of the great Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. At school, we aren't popular at all, With my ADHD and Charlie's Dyslexia–added with the inherited smarts from our mother and grandmother–we basically go unnoticed. At least we aren't bullied. The only thing that really makes me any friends is being on the swim team and being... nice. I don't understand why Charlie hangs out with me at school. She could be so popular, with her looks and all. I'm not nearly as pretty as my twin.