Capella Dare's p.o.v

I wake up, feeling more refreshed than I had all summer. I go to stretch my arms when I feel something move beside me. Startled, I silently twist my head to the side to see Cas Jackson squirm and nestle closer to my side. Biting back my laugh, I try to slip away from his grasp. He just pulls me back subconsciously.

My, oh my. What a big child Cas is. It's kind of cute.... NO! Capella, have you gone mental? He's your friend–and he has a girlfriend!

"Cas," I whisper in his ear, "Wake up."

He jolts up with a little girly shriek. I roll my eyes at the boy. Dramatic much?

"Capella?" Cas asks, sleepily, "What are you doing in Cabin six this early?"

"I keep forgetting how slow you are," I sigh, trying to hide my amusement, "We must've fallen asleep."

Cas groans, colour filling his cheeks as he drops his head into his hands.

"Wow, wow, wow, wo–"

Cas and I look up to see Charlie smirking at us. Cas drops his head back into his hands as I make a small noise and rush out of the Cabin.

How mortifying! How could we have fallen asleep? It was just a movie– Now thinking about it, I don't remember the ending. Charlie will never let either of us forget this. Oh, oh no. What would Amora say if this got back to her?

I really don't need to make enemies with an Aphrodite girl. Man, can they hold grudges!

Not before long was I in my Cabin–cabin thirty-two.

"Dare, where were you?" the only other camper, Mary Tolgins, asks. "I thought the harpies ate you!"

"Fell asleep in Cabin 6," I say sheepishly.

"I didn't know people could sleep in that cabin."

"They have beds, just they're pushed up against one wall," I explain.

"Well, I'm going to breakfast. Good luck, I already told your sister you were missing."

As Mary leaves I start to panic. "She told Lia I was missing?" I whisper to myself. This was going to be fun.

First things first, tell Amelia I'm very much here and alive, then actually pack my things.

・・・

I climb into van number one–one half of the vans taking legacies to New Athens. The only reason we have two is so we can choose which ones to go in, though families usually stick together. For example, in van one, the entire Valdez family is, though the di Angelo's chose to go in the second. That's probably why Ethan's not here with his siblings.

"Come on," Esperanza grabs my hand as she pulls me back out. "We're going to the second van. My brothers are being annoying."

"Like always," I mutter. She smiles at me. "I'll text Cas to tell him we'll be in #2."

Esperanza groans, "Don't bother." She points over to one of the many trees where Amora was giving Cas a very enthusiastic good-bye. "Hey lover boy!" She shouts, making the two spring apart. "We're loading now! Say good-bye to the Princess–with words, please. I don't want to bleach my eyes more than I already have to!"

"Ranza!" he complains.

Esperanza blows him a kiss before hurriedly jumping in the van. I stifle a giggle before following her.

Cas climbed in a few minutes later, red as a cherry.

"Really?" He asks.

"Tough luck, Jackson," I say, shrugging, "Ranza speaks, everyone listens."

Said person beams.

"You embarrassed me," Cas says quietly. Esperanza rolls her eyes.

"Amora's a female three-headed dog anyway."

"Ranza!"

She laughs, turning to look out the window as we start rolling. I notice her bracelet slowly changing to a glowing grey and I nudge Cas so he would see it. It was important to me that we were always respecting Esperanza's identity.

"Any new prophetic visions?" Cas asks, in a whisper, seeming to have forgotten his embarrassment.

I laugh quietly, rolling my eyes. I, being a child of Asteria, am prone to having prophetic dreams or catching glimpses of the future. Cas, of course, thinks this is the coolest thing since the fall of the Roman empire. Oh, the way he lights up when he hears those stories–it's kind of creepy.

"No, Jackson. No dreams last night–surprisingly."

"Did you dream walk?"

"No."

"Why do–"

"I don't like dream walking. It's an invasion of privacy."

"Okay..."

"I know you want to tell me of the progress on your Mum's new build."

He lights up, launching into a detailed summary of the recent addition to New Athens. His Mom–the legendary Annabeth Chase–I.M's him every other day about her projects. Probably because Cas is the only one of her children that, like her, longs to build something permanent. Something that leaves his mark in this world.

Ranza looks over at me, an expression on their face I can only assume meant, not this again. Then they turn their head once more and tries to get some rest. That'll be hard with the loud laughter from where Ethan, Grace, and the di Angelo siblings are.

"–what she's doing is just amazing, you know?"

I tilt my head at Cas and urge him to explain.

"Like, imagine your me. How would you feel knowing your Mother redesigned Mount Olympus itself? Or designed the settlement you live in?"

"Amazed," I answered, smiling.

"Exactly."

"Your Mum is so cool," I sigh, leaning back against my seat.

"Say's the person who is a literal demigod of the Titan Asteria and is the adopted daughter of the Oracle of Delphi."

"Yeah, but your Mum is a literal legend. She was part of the prophecy of seven."

"A prophecy that your Mom issued."

"Guys," Ranza cutts in, opening their eyes, "no need to fight. My Mom can be the coolest. 'Kay?"

Without waiting for an answer, their eyes slide shut once more.

"So competitive," Cas mutters, watching her sleeping figure, obviously wondering if she's actually sleeping or if she's pretending to so she can listen in on everyone's conversations. 

A/N:

Hello, hello. 

I'm sorry about this, but the next update will take a few days. I have school starting tomorrow, so that's happening. But the good thing about this is I can get your opinion on something:

Whose point of view should the next chapter be in?

-WriterWonder