Detective Fushiguro Megumi

"Detective Fushiguro." Megumi heard his name from behind him. Behind him was Gojo Satoru, Chief of the Police Department. "Another reported death from the murderer no one's been able to catch," Gojo said. Megumi looked deep in thought for a moment. "They seem to kill someone once a week same time, on the same day. Every week. I wonder if they're intentionally creating a pattern." Megumi said. "Yeah, we took that into consideration, they only leave when they're going to do it never where," Gojo claimed. Gojo let out a long sigh.

Megumi chuckled lightly. "Of course, they wouldn't want us to know where, they're not trying to get caught. They just love teasing us." Megumi said. So far this mysterious murderer has killed ten people, over the span of ten weeks. No one knows a thing about this person. 

"Fushiguro."

"Yes, Gojo-san?"

"You're our best detective you know?"

"Yes, you say this all the time."

'I want you to find them and bring them in."

Fushiguro's eyes widened. Him? Find the murderer, and bring them in? Fushiguro knew he was a good detective, knew he was smart but even he has seen some of the scenes. There is never any evidence to work with. No fingerprints, bullets, weapons, DNA, nothing to work with. All we know about the murderer is that they use a gun but strangely enough there are never bullets in the wounds. 

"So can you do that for me Fushiguro?" Gojo asked snapping Fushiguro out of his thoughts.

"No way in hell! They leave nothing we can work with!" He shouted.

"I know you can do it so get to work he'll strike again in seven days get to the scene immediately when you get informed about it! Good luck!" Gojo said getting up and walking away quickly. 

"Wait! You can't just drop this case on me like this!" Fushiguro shouted as Gojo ran away. Fushiguro sighed.

'What am I going to do?' 

Fushiguro thought about ways to do this. Maybe he could hand it over to someone else? Like hell, anyone would take the case though. He soon lost track of time and when he checked the time, it was the end of the day. He grabbed all of his things and left the office. 

Fushiguro walked to his car and went home. The minute he got back he went inside his small apartment kicking off his shoes and throwing his stuff on the floor by the entrance. 

For the past couple of days, he's had this odd feeling like he's being watched, he's looked all over his apartment no one is there, he's set up cameras they've caught no one but him. At this point, he is used to it. The feeling no longer bothers him the way it did before.

He walked to his bedroom flopping onto his bed and sighing. 

"Work's gonna be hell." he groaned rolling over to face the wall. He closed his eyes for a moment. Before he could fall asleep his phone began to ring, he rolled over again grabbing the phone seeing the name on the screen 'Yuji Itadori' He accepted the call.

"Fushiguro Help!" His voice was a loud whisper. It sounded like he was about to start crying from fear.

"Huh? What's up? What's wrong?" Fushiguro replied the fear in Itadori's voice shaking him awake completely.

"Someone is in my house please please help me." He let out a small sob whimpering. 

"I'm coming. are you hiding?" Fushiguro said rushing to put his shoes on slipping out the door and running to his car grabbing his gun. 

"Yes, I am." Yuji's shaky voice replied.

"Alright stay hidden. Be extremely quiet to don't say another word." Yuji listens to him.

"I'm going to ha-"

As soon as he started his sentence there was a loud thud on the other end of the phone. He could hear Itadori's breath hitch and then begin to tremble.

"Itadori?"

No reply.

"ITADORI?!" 

"Please.." he could hear Yuji beg on the other end of the phone. Not to Fushiguro.

Yuji let out a whimper. Megumi listened closely. 

Megumi began to speed down the roads which were thankfully empty. He hung up the phone as he arrived at the house. He saw the front door wide open. He entered quietly. 

The house was dead silent. Fushiguro looked around. When he determined the coast was clear he walked up the stairs, gun in hand. Other than the few creaks of the floorboards under him there was nothing.

Soong enough, a strong scent hit him hard. Panic arose making his heart race uncontrollably. He ran following the scent. Opening the door to Itadori's bedroom he was met with crimson stains along the wooden floorboards. 

 -End-

Hello! I do wish that you read the description, specifically the warning. If you don't want to go back and read it please just know that this story further down may contain smut and if you are uncomfortable with that please don't read this. This may change, however, as this is my first fanfic. I will try my best to post at least once a week. 

Word count: 838