Presence

Idk, found this song while I was writing and kinda thought of Yuji, mostly the chorus. 

-Yuji Pov-

As we pulled into Megumi's driveway, I felt... tense. I could sense something was wrong. I felt a source of cursed energy. Should I say something? Or is it okay and I'm just getting paranoid? I can't tell honestly. I decided to keep my mouth shut about what I felt. The presence didn't seem to close anyways and as long as I kept my cursed energy under control, I shouldn't be able to attract unwanted attention.

I stepped out of the vehicle quickly and looked around. I didn't see anyone. The presence had gotten ever so slightly weaker, barely noticeable. I heard the door on the opposite side of the car open as Megumi stepped out as well. He must have seen the focused expression on my face as he then asked me what was wrong. I told him it was nothing.

We quietly made our way into his house. His dogs immediately ran upon hearing the door being unlocked. they tackled Megumi to the ground but this was very usual. They were always happy to see him. I didn't think much of anything when I closed the door.

Little did I know what lurked outside.

-....? Pov-

I watched as the two walked into the house. The curse looked around before closing the door. Before I was able to disorient him by making it seem as if I was far away. He was a special grade curse and me not even having cursed energy, wasn't a good situation. Sure I was a Zenin, Fushiguro now but, I was incredibly skilled with weapons, but going up against a curse I knew nothing about would be tough.

Why all of a sudden is a special grade following him around? "hmm..." I hummed. This will be an interesting one. I hoped I wouldn't have an interaction with the special grade. I could tell he was a knew one, but if I were to trigger him, he had more than enough power to kill me. 

-Megumi Pov-

Something felt wrong. There was something wrong and I just couldn't figure out what. The room I stood in gave an eerie feeling, but perhaps it wasn't the room itself. If so what could it be? "You good Megumi?" Itadori asked. I was shaken ever so slightly, but I just brushed it off as paranoia. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said. "Are you going to keep calling me by my given name?" I asked. "Depends really if you're okay with it." "I guess I don't really care." "Alright, say what do you wanna do?" Yuji asked. "I don't really know.. what about you?" I asked.

"Hmmm..." He hummed in thought. "Maybe we can just relax for a bit, this whole curse thing has me just... out of my head." He suggested, I agreed and we decided to chill and watch a show. The show was okay, but not what I excepted us to do when we saw each other again. Well, I didn't really know what I excepted. I thought I would be dead the next time I saw him. 

After we finished an episode of our show, I decided to offer him some clothes to change into because I didn't know whether he was comfortable in the yukata or not. He passed up on my offer, however, saying he was fine.  I said I was going to feed my dogs as it was now 5 and they were probably hungry. A few minutes prior to feeding them I started boiling the kettle to make tea so I did that before I went to grab the dog's food. When I was grabbing their food, I saw something move outside the window.

I put the dog's food on the counter and went to the window to check it out. It had moved quite fast so I didn't get a good glimpse of it. I was a little freaked out that the figure looked human as I walked to the window. I stood in front of the window and looked outside and then side to side. I didn't see anything. "Is something wrong?" Itadori asked. "I just... thought I saw something, probably just my imagination though," I claimed. "Yeah... Probably." he agreed, sounding unsure of the words he just spoke. 

I nodded. I looked side to side one last time and saw nothing. I moved away from the window slowly and went back to the counter I previously placed the dog food. I put some of the meat in each of their dog bowls and called the two dogs over for their dinner. They both ate happily after I placed the bowls on the ground. Itadori came over and watched the dogs eat. I don't really know why, he had the tendency to get distracted by things but this is a pretty weird one. 

I ignored it, however, pinning it to be his short attention span. He always had the ability to tune everything out and just stare at something that moves. One time I found him crouched on the sidewalk watching a snail. (A/N: Literally me 2 days before writing this) So, I guess this wasn't too out of character for him.

I guess the most confusing part of it was the way he was watching the. He watched them closely. Unblinking, as if studying their movements. Though they were minimal, he caught everything. I decided to ignore it, but I quickly made a mental note that it was fine if it happened again, since he wasn't hurting them. 

I told him that I would make us dinner in a few minutes he only grumbled. He was in a trance of just watching the two dogs as they finished their food. I still didn't quite get it. 

What exactly was he doing?

I didn't bother asking because knowing him he probably wouldn't answer. I just decided I would leave him be, and I took a step outside onto the front porch, taking my tea with me. I decided I would just drink it outside while Itadori did whatever he was doing. 

I was about halfway done with my tea when I heard rustling from the tree line 20 feet from the side of my house. I docked it off as probably just an animal without even bothering to look. That probably was my first dumb decision. I had always had a problem with raccoons, so I thought it was just a raccoon, even though it didn't quite sound like a raccoon. It sounded much too big to be a raccoon an ordinary one at least.

I just kept drinking my tea and looking across the street from me. I heard a crunch, the sound of a twig breaking under a footstep, this time much closer to where I sat. Raccoons couldn't possibly be the cause of that. But, when I looked over to see what it actually was, it was already too late.

A man charged at me. He jumped onto the porch over the small border on the porch. He was much larger and fitter than me but I was able to react quickly and tackled him. We fell off the porch and landed on the ground in my yard. He definitely didn't expect that but he grabbed me by my neck and threw me off him and pinned me to the ground. He began to strangle me using only one hand while the other reached into the pocket of his baggy white pants. 

He pulled out a cloth and covered my mouth with it. The cloth must have had chloroform on it because I started to feel dizzy. I tried to fight back or at least get him off of me, but it was no use. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." The man said in a raspy voice as my vision then started to go blank as I lost consciousness.

-Yuji Pov-

Thirty minutes have passed, but Megumi hasn't come inside yet. I thought at first he was just taking his time and wanted to be alone, but he still hasn't come in yet. I decided to check it out. When I opened the door, no one was there. All that was there was a small plant in a pot knocked over. 'Shit...' I thought. I should have said something. "Shit. Shit SHIT!" I began to say, freaking out. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in and smiled. Because I cursed him, I'm able to share my cursed energy with him. All I need to do is get him to activate it somehow and then I can find him easily. The only problem is...

How do I do that?

-End-

SORRY, THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER. I'm going to see my dad in the hospital today so I wanted to get it out quickly before I left. Thank you all for 3.7k+ reads and 119 votes!!

Word Count: 1487