You or him

-Megumi Pov-

I pulled into Maki's driveway with the dogs in the back barking wildly. I got out of my car, grabbed the dogs and the few things I had packed and walked up to her door. It was unlocked, so I opened it.

"hey!" I shouted. The white dogs ran inside, and the black one waited patiently at my side. When I didn't get a response, I just walked in. I could hear water running. 'She's probably taking a shower or something.' I thought.

I walked into her living room and sat on the couch, taking out my phone. I had heard a notification in the car and didn't check. It was a text. What scared me most was the name. Yuji Itadori. How had he texted me? They kidnapped him. Did he manage to get his phone back? Had he had it with him all along?

I unlocked my phone and clicked on the message. A photo of a beaten-up Itadori also tied up with rope, popped up. A moment later, after examining the picture, there was a text that read 'either pay 100,000 dollars or swap places with him and if you don't choose either, I'll kill him.'

I just turned my phone off and shoved it in my pocket. What just happened? I knew I couldn't leave the situation as is, but I didn't have a hundred thousand dollars to give. I texted back saying 'I'll swap with him.' After a while, the word delivered changed to read, and that's all I was left with. No response.

Soon after we settled everything, Maki came down the stairs. It was the first time I had seen her with her hair down. "Hey, Megumi." She said. "Hey, thanks for letting me stay." "I already said it was no problem." The white dog sprinted over to her and started barking and running around her in circles.

"I see this guy's full of energy. What's his name?" She asked. I just shrugged because I hadn't picked names for them. "Really " "I only found them a couple of hours ago. Give me a break," I said. On the way here, I thought about names in the car and picked the two I liked best. "What about Shiro and Kuro?" I said. "They are your dogs, not mine." She said.

-late that night-

I stared at my phone that lay on the bedside table. I was waiting for a response or something to go off. Was whoever kidnapped him going to bring him here? What was going to happen to me? I don't know what kind of response I was waiting for. My phone screen lit up, and I quickly grabbed it. It was a text message from Itadori's number, so I unlocked my phone and read the text. "Why aren't you at your house? You're supposed to be here." "I'll come. I was at my cousin's house. Don't hurt him." Why was I texting whoever this was so nonchalantly?

Well, now I just have to abruptly leave. Wait. What's gonna happen to the DOGS?! I DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH. GOJO'll BE PISSED WHEN HE FINDS OUT. I REALLY DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH. GOD- I texted pulled out my phone and called Gojo. It rang a few times before he picked up the phone.

"Hey Megumi-channnnn? Why are you calling so late?"

"Uhmm. we need to talk."

"Alright, about what?"

"Itadori just texted me, but it wasn't Itadori, it was his kidnapper and He said I could either send him 100,000 dollars or swap places with him, so, yeah. Can you take my do-"

"WHAT THE FUCK MEGUMI? I'LL PAY DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!"

"Gojo. He's my friend. I'll be fi-"

"SHUT UP"

I went silent. Gojo is usually really laid back, but when it comes to my safety, he can be really scary. I started tearing up a bit. What will happen if I don't go there or if Gojo goes there, and the kidnapper kills Itadori?

"Megumi. I'm going to your house. We're going to work this out, okay?"

"No! Don't go there. He's probably waiting for me there. I don't want him to hurt Itadori."