Chapter 1

I wake up to an alarm blaring loudly, my aunt trying to get me out of bed. My eyes shoot open once I realise, I have to get to the greenhouse for an exam. I get out from under my red covers, and jump up from my king sized bed. I turn off my alarm and head straight downstaires, I grab some food and run upstairs to get dressed. I decided to wear a white long turtle neck an old Green Day tee and a red and black plaid skirt with some white and blue stockings. I run downstaires to see my aunt grabbing more toast. "Beth, your eyes!" She shouts, noticing that i wasn't wearing my brown color changing contacts. I just shrugged it off and continued to get ready. Once I had my bag ready, I rushed to the car and got in the passenger seat of my aunts five seated, black tesla.

We finally got to the greenhouse and I looked in discuss at how old the school looked. "Trust me, that was my very same first impression when I first started as a student here." My aunt reassured me, with the same discusted look on her face. "Did those first impressions change?" I asked. "No." She replied.

We walked out of the car and into the school, I had my headphones on with Carrie the musical blaring in the speakers. I see my aunt walk up to someone, pulling my arm with her. I couldn't hear what they were saying, it's not like I wanted to or anything. "..eth, Beth!" I heard calling out. I quickly took off my headphones and looked at my aunt. "This is Louis Osmond , he's the headmaster here." She introduced. I looked over at him and extended my arm for him to shake, which he returned. "It's nice to meet you Bethany." Mr. Osmond told me. "Please, Mr. Osmond, call me Beth." I pleaded. "Alright then," he replied. "Georgia, she is very well manered." I smiled at the compliment.

"Just like her father, anyways, where is Jason?" My aunts voice toning down. "He's working at the moment but Brooke is here." Mr. Osmond replied. "Brooke, come here." I looked down at the thought of my dad, tears welling up in my crimson red eyes. "Brooke I would like you to meet Beth, her father was a student at the greenhouse." He said, slyly. I looked up, not noticing the clearly visible tears streaming down my face. The girl looked at me worried. "Hey, you okay?" She asked with a conserned look on her face. "I'm fine, I'm good." I said, trying to sound casual.

"How is your old man anyways? I haven't talked to him for the last three years." Mr. Osmond said, with a gentle but loud tone. I looked toward him, confused. "You haven't heard?" I asked, a sad emotion evident in my voice. "I can't say I have. The last we spoke was over the phone about you and him coming over to see us for dinner, but he never showed." He replied. "He uh, he died in a car accident an hour after. I was the only witness alive." I told him. He looked at me, sympathetically and said. "I'm so sorry. He was a legend to the eagles. Him and your aunt were the best siblings of the Greenhouse." I laughed at the recollection. "Louis, would she possibly be able to take a step her as an Eagle?" Aunt Georgia asked, "She always wanted to make her old man proud!" I looked at him, with slightly hooded eyes. "Of course! I'm sure Evan would be proud already." He replied with a smile. My eyes widened, I have never been so happy in my entire life.

Most of the memories from my childhood are gone, except for the ones of my dad. He said that he would get me into the greenhouse, if he had to fight them or not. The stories he had told about his days as the captain of the Eagles, they would always encurrage me to try harder. "Thank you! I promise Mr. Osmond, you won't regret it!" I said, happily. "Please, call me Louis. All the students do." He said. I replied with a simple nod. My aunt got my stuff from the car. I had packed two suitcases, a duffle bag, a laptop carrier, a phone Holder for my arm when I go on runs and a backpack.