Chapter 20

I ran down the stairs, not only to be stopped by Alex. "Is it true, was our relationship fake?" He asked me, his tone evident of anger. I stood there, I tried to speak but no words came out. "Were you just using me so you could get with Brooke?!" He questioned, growing angrier by the second. "Go on, tell him." I heard the voice in my head whisper. I looked at him with misty eyes. "It's not like that, Alex. I wasn't using you, I would never do that to you!" I told him.

I reached out to touch his shoulder but he swatted my hands away. He looked at me in disgust, obviously  disappointed in himself. "How do I know you aren't lying right now!?" He yelled. I saw him fighting back several tears. "Alex, I'm sorry. I loved you- no I still love you! Ever since we first got together, you were the one I thought about!" I told him. "You know, I always thought there was something between us. But now I find out that the woman I thought I loved doesn't even feel the same way, even if she claims she does." He told me.

All of the sudden my ears rung. Negativity was what triggered the demon to possess me. I kept my control, knowing that I can't let it loose. "I guess you it was mutual feelings then, you never loved me. I really tried Alex, I tried to push my feelings down just so I could be with you." I told him while slowly retreating. "Oh and by the way, negativity triggers the demon." I kept walking, knowing that I left him hurt.

I walked back into the biology lab and saw that Brooke was awake, I ran over to her and hugged her. I couldn't see my dad for some reason, I assumed he left the room. I looked around and saw two ravens in the room. "I don't care that your in here, I just need to know if you two helped Leo with the pigs blood." I told them. They shook their heads violently. I took that as a no. I sighed in relief, knowing that they were not sick people.

We came up with a plan to meet here again the next day, I was eager to get out of the room. I tried to leave but Brooke asked where I was going. I turned around, tears clouding my eyes. "Oh! I'm totally not gonna go cry and wish I was dead because my now ex boyfriend found out that I like women! Ha ha, see you in the afterlife." I replied, sarcasm, depression and anger laced in my tone.

I walked to a field, it was peaceful and calm. "I used to come here and think when I was a student at the greenhouse." My dad whispered from behind me. "Even when you had a break up?" I asked him. He sat next to me, I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Yep, every man I dated. They all dumped me." He said. I looked at him. "Dad, are you Bi?" I questioned. "Pan Romantic, but close." He replied, smiling at me. We ended up falling asleep in the field.