Chapter 24

I looked over at Brooke, smiling at her. All of the sudden, Sophie came into the room and handed me her captain's baseball cap. "Uh, Sophie what are you doing?" I asked, obviously confused. "I'm making you the new captain of the eagles." She replied. My eyes widened, surprised that she would just give up her position as captain! Sophie placed the cap on my head, a smile growing on her face. Everyone cheered around me as I felt faint. I left the room quickly, dragging Sophie and Brooke with me. "What. The. Hell? Why did you do that?" I asked Sophie. She smiled again. "I realized my actions were not that of a leader." She told me, and then winked at Brooke. 

Once Sophie left, Brooke spun me around to face her and kissed me. Wait- SHE KISSED ME!? I felt so many emotions flowing towards me at once. Brooke, my crush, kissed me!? This was not happening. She pulled away, thinking something was wrong. "Are you okay?" She asked. 

I blinked quickly.  Still trying to contemplate the fact that she KISSED me. I felt like I was dying. "Uh, no." I replied before going back to the clubhouse. Once I went in, the entire group stared at me. "What, do I have something on my face?" I said, confused. They shook their heads and went to get ready for the game. I made a weird face before going to get ready myself.