Chapter 8

We got back to our clubhouse and we sat on the couch and talked about everything that life has to offer. I revealed why I got mad when Parker touched my arm and they said that now I have cool scars. After a while, I fell asleep on Alex's chest. I was still wearing the Black suit from earlier.

When I woke up I heard people yelling at each other. People were running all over the place because the uniforms turned pink. I still had my dad's old uniform, but I couldn't let people wear that. I came up with a great Idea, I'll let Alex wear my dad's while I get the uniforms my dad made as extra's just incase of emergency. "Guys, calm down! I have a few extra uniforms! My dad made them just incase he lost his!" I told them, reassuringly. They all looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I got Louis to get me the box and bring them up.

Once Louis got here, I took the box and thanked him. My dad's was at the top. I walked into the locker room and gave Alex my dad's old uniform.  "Are you sure you want me to wear this?" Alex asked me. I told him that if he didn't go put it on I would ignore him for the rest of the week. He rushed to the bathroom stall and got changed. Once he got out, I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my waist and leaned down to kiss me. I pulled away and wished him good luck.

At the game, Alex was being put as a bench warmer. I was so angry, he was wearing my dad's old basketball uniform. Everyone else was wearing extra uniforms. I got off out from the croud to talk to the coach.

When I passed Alex, he immediately thought something was wrong. He grabbed my waist and caught me before I could walk away. I turned to see his worried expression. "Hey, you okay? Did I do something? Is it the uniform?" He asked, still worried. I sighed and got out of his grip. I walked over to the coach to ask him why Alex was put as bench warmer. "Listen kid-" the coach was interrupted. "Don't call me kid. I am the daughter of Evan Ross, Alex is wearing his signature uniform." I snapped. But he just turned his head and went back to coaching the game.

I walked back to where I was before. It was time out and Daniel had to make the final shots. I went back down to see what was happening. The coach was telling Daniel to take a break but Alex let him take the shot. I was so confused, but happy for him at the same time. 

After the last shot, Daniel passed out. I rushed over to support his head, Alex was looking at me with an angered ecpression. The Ambulance came quickly and brought him to the hospital.

While I was walking out of the building, I saw a photo of my dad when he was in high school. A few tears slid, knowing that he isn't coming back. "He was a great captain." I heard the coach say. "Even better than Daniel." I turned to look at him. "Well, that 'great captain' isn't coming back, is he?" I scowled. He just looked at me. "Why did you let them wear those uniforms?" He questioned. "That's non of your business." I replied, before walking out.

I kept walking back to the school, when I heard Alex's voice telling me to wait. I stopped frozen in my tracks, my body not listening to my brain. "What the hell, Beth I asked you what was wrong and you just ignored me." He recalled.

I turned to look at him. "I ignored you!?" I asked, my voice laced with anger. "This is the first basketball game that I've gone to since my dad's death. I thought that you wearing his uniform would help, but did it?! No!" I snapped. He looked at me, speechless. "I know that your mom died last month, but you also have a second parent, I didn't!" I reminded him. "Beth, I-" He was cut off. "Just, leave me alone. Next time you see Louis, give him the uniform to give back to me." I demanded.