5

I opened my eyes, only for my breath to catch. I was in Alain's bed. His arms were wrapped around me, and he was still asleep. Ralts was sleeping on top of his head.

Very carefully, I moved out of his arms and got out of the bed. Immediately though, I collapsed onto my knees, my heart beating faster than ever and my face burning. That was much to soon.

Taking a deep breath, I forced myself up and walked over to my bag, where I pulled out my clothes and got dressed. Then I stepped out into the hall and leaned against the wall.

I could remember everything from last night. The Leader of Team Delta. The two boys and Zygarde in it's 10% form. What Alain had said to them.

"I am free to choose who I am." I said quietly.

I was finally beginning to understand. The Legendary Pokémon, who's voice continues to speak to me, was right. I'm not a Princess of the Eternity Clan. I may be a direct descendant of the first Princess, but I didn't inherit her will. I wasn't bound by her anger and fear. I loved Pokémon. They filled me with joy.

The question was now, what was I if I wasn't the Eternity Clan's Princess?

"What are you indeed."

My breath caught, but then I regained my composure.

"Who are you?" I asked quietly. The voice was quiet for a moment, then...

"I am known to those of the present as Rayquaza. Your ancestors, however, called me The Master of the Sky."

I closed my eyes. "Please tell me. The Blessing of Eternal Bonds. Did you give it, believing that the first Princess would strive to save both people, and Pokémon?"

"No. I gave it knowing that she despised Pokémon. I could see the hatred in her eyes, but I felt her desire to bring peace back to the world was an honest one. However, one cannot share bonds with Pokémon if they hate them, and so the blessing I bestowed became a curse. But it is also true that Princess Vera's will had fused with my blessing, as it was too strong to escape. As a result, all of her descendants were cursed to hate Pokémon, and to share her tragic fate."

I opened my eyes. "All except me."

Rayquaza was quiet for a moment, then...

"It has been nearly two thousand years since I gave my blessing. And for nearly two thousand years my blessing has been fighting internally with Princess Vera's will. It was on the night of your birth that Zygarde, Arceus, and I felt strongly to go to your side. I believe that it was the power of my blessing calling out in triumph as it had finally won a fight against Vera's will. You are not a Princess of the Eternity Clan, but the Eternal Bond incarnate. A free being, able to exist in this world alongside who ever, and what ever you desire."

I gave a small smile. "I'm free."

"Yes."

Just then the door burst open, with Alain about to come rushing out, Ralts on his shoulder, but he stopped when he saw me across from him.

"Kiada?" He said. I looked at the ground feeling embarrassed. "Alain. Will you take me away from here? I refuse to be the Eternity Clan's Princess anymore. I want to be free."

Alain was quiet, then he walked toward and pulled me against him. "Let me get dressed and give someone a call. Then I'll take you away."