Busan

River

“Best way to waste time,” I comment as we finish the first movie.

“Waste? You call this epic experience waste?” Alex asks, looking offended.

In the brief time that I’ve gotten to know her, I know that she’s only faking being offended.

“I apologize your highness. It was nothing short of a masterpiece and the best way to utilize time. If I had 2 hours left to live, this would be exactly what I’d do,” I reply.

She stares at me blankly.

“Too much?” I ask.

“Way too much,” she nods then chuckles.

“You still have a lot to learn little grasshopper,” She remarks.

“Grasshopper? I mean I get that I’m tall but comparing me to a green lanky insect?”

“Would you prefer being called a butterfly?” she asks.

“Grasshopper it is,” I sigh.

“So, what are you gonna do when you see her?”

“Nicole? I don’t know myself. I don’t think we can go back to how we used to be anyway, so I guess it’s over?”

She nods in understanding.

“Enough about me, what about you?” I ask.

“What about me?”

“From how long I’ve known you, you don’t seem like the kind to do relationships.”

“What makes you think that?” She raises an eyebrow and I know I’m right.

“Call it a gut feeling,” I shrug.

“So?” I ask.

“So what?”

“Am I right?”

“You know I could be married to a dude,” she huffs.

Yeah, I’m right.

“But you’re not.” I chuckle.

“Yeah yeah, I’m not,” she admits.

“Any specific reason?”

“I think relationships are a waste of time honestly, I’d rather focus on my dream.”

“Won’t it be better if you could share that dream with someone? Or had someone right beside you, cheering you on until you succeeded?” 

“And what happens when they leave? Relationships don’t last forever. Take yours for instance,” She points out.

“True, but I wouldn’t go back and change anything.”

“Even after she practically betrayed your trust?”

I nod.

“If I were in your shoes, I’d probably be plotting a revenge scheme,” she jokes. 

"I don't think revenge will bring you peace."

"It might if it's executed well."

I chuckle and shake my head. 

"Is she dead?" She points to Denise, the old lady in case you've forgotten. 

"She's been sleeping the entire movie, as much as I dislike her, I'd rather not be sitting next to a dead corpse."

I look at her pointedly. 

"What?"

"I'm the one sitting next to her."

"Tomato-tomaato, is she alive or not?"

"She is, you can see her breathing."

"Thank gosh," She exclaims and leans back in her seat. 

"So back to you now," I state. 

"Back to what?"

"Is there no one that you're even attracted to?"

"Nope,"

"Not even a little crush?"

"You sound like a 15 year old girl," She chuckles. 

"I'm getting no where with this," I sigh. 

"Uh well there is one thing," She mumbles. 

"Go on," 

"Now I'm only telling you this because I accidentally heard about your breakup." She points out. 

"And here I thought we were becoming good friends."

She rolls her eyes and continues. 

"I have this friend and we sometimes sleep with each other."

"And you don't like him?"

"Not a smidge. I mean sure he's attractive but there's no feelings here. Although I probably won't be seeing him again. At least for a while." She ponders. 

"Why not?"

"He wants to date."

----

Hi my lovely readers, how are you all?

I hope you like this book, I've been writing this whenever I get time since uni is chaotic and takes up so much of my time.

I've just completed writing the last chapter so frequent updates from now on :)

Take care.

~Sky