Chapter 7: The question

After they moved into the house everything was settled. They hired a babysitter to watch Jackie as they went on to go to dinner. Since Jack had reserved a table, they were able to walk in and be shown to a table, with champaign on the table.

"Jack, this is truly amazing, I have never been to a nice place with a guy before."

"Well now you have."

"Thank you Jack."

"You're welcome."

They sat down and began to look at the menu. After five minutes Brittany ordered bouillabaisse, and Jack order duck con fit. After the waiters left, jack got down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes of course I will!"

Everyone else saw and was waiting for Brittany to say yes. When she did, they were all ecstatic in joy. The whole night Brittany just could not stop smiling. She had just gotten the best news of her life. After they ate and left Brittany and Jack talked, then Brittany called her mother. Her mother didn't agree at all of her getting engaged because of what happened with Michael. Her father was over protective, and would not give his daughter's hand marriage, until he met the guy and would approve of him. Brittany hadn't liked it and was sort of pissed off about it. When she got off the phone she told Jack everything.

"My dad won't let me marry you, unless he meets and likes you. And my mother doesn't like the idea of me even getting married."

"Then that is good. I will meet your parents and they will like me and allow me to marry you."