Chapter 2: The Coffee House

It was Thursday night, and Jack decided to arrive a little earlier, at around 7:18. He waited there for about ten minutes, then a woman in a pale blue summer dress, with flats had walked in. She had a little child holding her hand. As they walked in, Jack went towards them, knelt down and gave little Jackie a toy car. When he knelt back up he started talking to Brittany.

"Hi Brittany, it is finally so nice to meet in person instead of over the computer."

Then Jack led both of them to the table where they would sit. They sat down and Jack got an apple juice and a blueberry muffin, for Jackie and two coffees, for him and Brittany and a scone for Brittany. As they started to talk they found that they have so much in common.

"So Brittany, where are you from?"

"Born and raised right here in North Dakota, you should tell me a little about yourself."

"I was born in North Dakota, my parents got divorced when I was about six because my father went to prison for accidental murder. He was driving home, after a long night of working and he had not had any sleep, there were a couple of stupids teens, and he didn't see them as he was driving, and he hit guy, and there was nothing they could do for the teen so they pulled the plug. Instead of going through evidence, they convicted him of murder. Now tell me a little about yourself."

"I'm sorry about your father, I too had divorced parents, but not much like that. They divorced because when they found out my mother was pregnant, my mother wanted an abortion, and my father didn't, then when they found out I was pregnant with Jackie they said I was too young to have a kid and get an abortion. So my mother ended up disowning me."

"I am really sorry to hear that, Brittany."

"No it is fine, if my mother doesn't want to see Jackie, and see him grow, then that's fine, but I want to see him grow."

After two hours of talking, Brittany looked at the clock.

"I have to go, I'm sorry,but Jackie is normally in bed by 8:30."

"That's fine he is already falling asleep, I'll carry him to the car for you."

"Thank you, but we walked here."

"Then I will carry him to your house, or we could use my car."

"If you don't have a car seat, we will have to walk."

"Then let's get walking."

They started to walk, and after about five minutes they got there. Jackie was holding his little toy car that Jack gave to him. When they walked in Jack was shown into Jackie's room, and he laid him down in his bed, and tucked him in.

"Goodnight Brittany, I think I should be going."

Brittany walked and showed Jack the way out then said goodnight.