Chapter 9: The Truth

As Brittany followed her mother, she saw something different about her mother.

"Mom, what are we doing?"

"Just watch my dear."

"But..."

Brittany couldn't finish her sentence, she stood there on amazement.

"Mom, why would you do this."

"I opened my eyes and saw that, that boy of yours is very special to you, and you look at at him the same way I looked at you when you were young, and still do today. Since it is almost his birthday, I did this."

"But, I can't repay you for this. I don't have the money to."

"Its okay dear, this is how I am repaying you. After the years I never stood by your side when you needed me, now I am trying to repay you."

" Thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too, sweety."

Brittany went in the room, and wanted to tell Jackie right away about it, but she couldn't because it was a surprise. She wanted to take it home for Jackie, but it was to stay here for the days Jackie comes over, or spends the night. And besides it wasn't very movable. It had a maze in it, with a playground around it shaped like a dinosaur, and his very own dog, plus there was a secret that only Jackie would be able to find. Brittany was happy. Her mother had been trying to get close again with Brittany, and Jackie. With dinner around the corner, laura had waited for dessert to show Jackie. So once dessert came along, laura told Jackie that his ice cream sundae had been waiting in a different room. They each got up from their seats, walked over to the room, and opened the doors for Jackie to see. Jackie saw what was in their and dropped his jaw. He started to walk in, when...

"Ugh, mom grandma's dog knocked me over, and he is just a puppy."

"Sweetypie, that isn't my dog."

"Then whose is it grandma?"

" I don't know, what do you think?"

"I think, he is either your dog, or grandpa's dog."

"No silly, the dog is yours."

"Weally, that dog is my?"

"Yes, he an east Siberian laika puppy, you may not k ow what that is now, but you'll learn. You need to take good care of him too, okay?"

"Okay."

From that minute on, Jackie would not stop smiling and laughing with the dog. Brittany knew the both of them had a special bond. It was past Jackie's bedtime, so they headed out the door, and went home.