Can Eddie Live his Life Carefreely?

'Why?'

'How do other people manage to live their life so carefree?'

One peaceful evening, Eddie was lying down on his bedroom floor. He closed his bedroom door so that no one could brag in his room without any reason...which happens a lot of times. His eyes stared at the bright white ceiling and his mind was full of thoughts. Eddie remembered an incident that happened long ago, 'Look at my sister...'

~ Flashback ~

Little 10 years old Eddie watched the interaction between his mother and his 7-year-old sister. "Sophie Jones! Get down from that tree! Now!" Mrs. Jones shouted.

But rather than climbing down, Sophie climbed further up the tree. And, naturally watching her daughter disobeying her orders, Mrs. Jones fumed with fire.

Somehow, Mrs. Jones managed to get Sophie down from the tree. Although she was still trying to climb back, Mrs. Jones had a good grip on Sophie's arm, preventing her from returning.

"I have had enough of you", Mrs. Jones shouted and lightly slapped Sophie on the arm she was holding. This made Sophie cry even more.

'How does she do things, even when she knows she will get in trouble for it?', Eddie thought to himself. 'And then...'

Sophie cried non-stop until she spotted something on the side of the road, "Mommy, Mommy! Ice-Cream." She pointed her little fingers to the ice cream shop.

Mrs. Jones stopped and looked at her daughter. "I want ice cream! Let's get some ice cream", Sophie begged Mrs. Jones.

Little Eddie who was holding his mother's hand, was stunned by his only sister's action.

'Why...how can she beg like that when she was just in trouble?!', Eddie thought.

~ End Of Flashback ~

Eddie opened his eyes and got up abruptly. "I can't do it!" Eddie declared. "I COULD NEVER DO IT!"

'Then there was that incident...' While sitting on the floor, Eddie recalled another incident when they were small.

~ Flashback ~

Mrs. Jones was cleaning the living room and 7 years old little Sophie wanted to help her mother.

"Mommy! Let me do it too", Sophie begged again.

"No", said Mrs. Jones and went back to clean the floor carpet.

"But I want to help!", Sophie clanged to her mother's side.

"You are getting in the way", Mrs. Jones replied and pushed Sophie lightly which made her roll on the floor but thankfully she didn't get hurt. Sophie got up and again begged her mother.